Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continuous Provision Plans

i never used to have cp info...couldn't really see the point but when we were inspected (one before last!) we were asked "how do you know what a child is learning if they are playing with the sand" (for example) ....my inclination was to say that my staff were well trained and that they could tell what the children were learning but i do take Gezebel's point that if you have students in it would be helpful. (my parents dont read it and never have!!) We post the cp planning up in each area, the ofsted inspector noticed it...do we USE it? NO of course we don't !!!!

• Like 2

I have to say I agree with Gezebel - what works for one setting, doesnt work for another, we use CP plans around the room to support our apprentices and students in the nursery, as well as us older ones when the brain is not truly engaging first thing in the morning when adding enhancements etc.

Do them only if theyre useful to you

Kx

• Like 1

really comprehensive, you could add comics and mags to your list of resouces

i could see this being really usful for trainees and staff who need some cpd

really fantastic resource Sue

Well with little else to do during the current precipitations I have cobbled together the book corner area CPP - it is a bit of a mission and slow progress but your comments would be appreciated before I begin trawling through the other areas.

Book Area for fsf.doc

Thank you so much for sharing this Sue. I hope you don't mind but I have used some of your CP to redo my own. You have clearly put a lot of work into yours but I find it really hard to work with anything more that double sided A4, so I have adpated it to suit my setting, focussing on 40-60 months. I think I am happy with it, so thought I would share it with everyone else. Thanks again Sue.

Reading Area CP.doc

• Like 3

Thanks rufus, lots of work went into that.......now all these cp sheets are really making me nervous, looks like I may have to concede and actually use the back of a piece of paper ! , and that,s really pushing my boundaries :(

Note to self " must order a load more ink, a load more paper, a load more laminating sheets and a load more time"

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for their comments regarding the CPP - the more I got into it the more it began to feel as though I was rewriting the guidance doc so I have changed tack slightly. Having reflected I see no real value in filtering through all the DM statements and picking out the "right" ones for each area as they are all there in the guidance and when working with a broad age range it becomes somewhat of a mission. However I have battled on and pulled together a CPP document that I feel outlines my setting's CPP. I have uploaded it here in pdf format for comment - if anyone feels that it is of value and can tailor it to their setting let me know and I can upload it in word.

Continuous Provision Planning 2012 for FSF.pdf

• Like 9

Thanks to everyone for their comments regarding the CPP - the more I got into it the more it began to feel as though I was rewriting the guidance doc so I have changed tack slightly. Having reflected I see no real value in filtering through all the DM statements and picking out the "right" ones for each area as they are all there in the guidance and when working with a broad age range it becomes somewhat of a mission. However I have battled on and pulled together a CPP document that I feel outlines my setting's CPP. I have uploaded it here in pdf format for comment - if anyone feels that it is of value and can tailor it to their setting let me know and I can upload it in word.

Oh this is great Sue, yes please i would love to have it as a word document as it would be great to get my staff to think about our own environment and "add" to it to suit, thank you for so much hard work.

That is fantasic SueJ. :1b

Thank you so much for sharing this Sue. I hope you don't mind but I have used some of your CP to redo my own. You have clearly put a lot of work into yours but I find it really hard to work with anything more that double sided A4, so I have adpated it to suit my setting, focussing on 40-60 months. I think I am happy with it, so thought I would share it with everyone else. Thanks again Sue.

Reading Area CP.doc

I love this, they are similar to my old ones and I love the layout. This is very cheeky of me but are you making the other areas? I don't mind doing them myself?!

x

Guest pamgreen

Sue these plans are brilliant. What I was interested in were the books you use for medium term planning. How do these help, I have tried to look them up on amazon but they are out of stock. I have never heard of these books but would love to hear what you have to say. many many thanks x