Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs 2012 Weekly Planning

Ok I am going to be brave and share our planning sheet. It looks sooooo basic after everyone elses!!! We have been inspected twice while using theses planning sheets and have had no problems or concerns raised. Also our childrens centre teacher visited recently and really liked them. These are the sheets that I will start using in September as I have tweaked them to cover the revisions. Under each area of learning I specify which strand it is and what age band it covers. ;) I really would welcome honest opinions as they do look very basic compared to most of the others I have seen on here.

Planning.docx

:( I can't open........

Ok I am going to be brave and share our planning sheet. It looks sooooo basic after everyone elses!!! We have been inspected twice while using theses planning sheets and have had no problems or concerns raised. Also our childrens centre teacher visited recently and really liked them. These are the sheets that I will start using in September as I have tweaked them to cover the revisions. Under each area of learning I specify which strand it is and what age band it covers. ;) I really would welcome honest opinions as they do look very basic compared to most of the others I have seen on here.

Planning.docx

I really like it ZigZag and actually I think it works because it is simple to use, I may be in the simple bracket :P but for me if I can use something simple that does the job then I'm all for it complicated isn't always better ;). Thank you for sharing, haven't quite done my new style planning yet so really nice to see everyone's ideas.

Do you have a specific number of target children every week ZigZag? and how do you choose them do you just go down the list or do you have another system?

Edited by Johanna1

Guest pamgreen

I liked your planning it is simple but covers nearly everything,i would add an evaluation and possible next steps for learning and I would probably also add that these are enhancements to the continuous provision thanks

have not seen that either but i will not be using it, i dont think, we are happy with what we do we evaluate what we do and like what we are doing at the min

Hi Zig Zag..i was just wondering how do the staff know what to put out in which area each day? ie construction, sand/water. Our planning has mon-fri at the top and then the different areas underneath x

do you have a completed set of your planning sheets - they look very good, but completed ones help when trying to relay the info to other staff. thanks.i've not been on the training yet and am expecting ofsted in september so could use some help.

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

really stuck on planning for the new eyfs how to put everything in for the 2 year olds and then the 3 to 5 year olds do we need seperate planning very confused any help would be appreacated

Planning.docx

Thanks for sharing zigzag - have now managed to open on my shiny new laptop! :1b

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for sharing. I am new to the forum, have looked in before, decided to take the plunge and become a member. As mentioned by most I am not happy with our planning and would be very happy (overjoyed in fact) if someone would share a completed format to give ideas.

Thanks for sharing your LA proforma Sunnyday, but to me that is backward planning your LA has given you. It seems to me as the Specific areas are providing the support for the Prime areas. I understand that PSED can be had to plan for but Physical development should be at the top, for instance a physical activity of throwing beanbags on to the correct target of shapes/numbers, would then feed into the mathematics not the otherway round. Perhaps it's just me, but I don't think much of our LA's pro formas and end up producing my own, as you say one size doesn't fit all.

Hello Ladies

I've not visited the FSF for about a year now - just finishing my last asssignment ... yr two Foundation Degree ... need I say more!!

I have just revised my settings Individual Summary Sheet in preparation for Sept 12. We use this form as our half term summary for individual children and thought it may be of use to some of you!

Dottyp x 6 WEEK SUMMARY.doc

Thanks for this-just what I was looking for!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing all of these ideas!!! Dottyp, that 6 week summary was really useful! :) Thank you!

I'm with the majority of people who seem to constantly tweak and change planning and can say that my planning has seemingly took a completely different shape over the course of the year. I just keep trying to make it as useful, visual and user-friendly as possible because the previous planning format that was used in the setting when I arrived on the scene was quite neglected and had turned into a daily kind of listing of the continuous provision that was out! :/ There's been a big turn-around since then and I think we've come a long way.

However, I've attached my planning format and was wondering what everyone thinks of it and if you have any ideas to continue developing our planning? It seems quite different to everyone elses planning formats!!! :S I'm get the feeling that I could improve it somehow or that something's missing!?!

We of course have a medium term plan which is usually based on a topic stemming from childrens interests and then we have this as our weekly plan and i am going to introduce a separate evaluation sheet as this is something we are lacking at present. The week was evaluated previously through discussion in a team meeting, then this planning is completed as a team, typed up quickly after and displayed on the wall for Monday.....We then add notes to it throughout the week with changes that happen or tweaking that has occured. I'm quite looking forward to hearing what you think of this? :)

Thanks,

Bueberrycupcake. :)

Preschool weekly wall planner.doc

Quite surprised that my company has decided not to have any planning sheets. We'll be rolling plans on the whiteboard..... how do we document proof of what we have done? In someways i'm looking forward to Ofsted coming and chatting to staff!

Just wanted to say thank you to all for sharing their ideas and planning. I am just thinking about going back to nursery after long break and although I've done all the practical things like labels, registers and sorting toys I have put off planning. I haven't been happy with it since new EYFS as I find planning for individual children very challenging. I was rather hoping that the new EYFS would cut down on the paperwork but as yet I don't see this. I think i plan very effectively for both individuals and the whole group but I do find I am constantly questioning whether I have enough, too much and find this constant questioning and changing quite draining. ~However, after years in the game i do find that my children make wonderful progress either despite or because of my planning. The main thing I would suggest that people take with them into the new year is that your children mainly want you to be with them and to pay attention to them rather than a piece of paper.

Joylee

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)