Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What's Your Hourly Rate For Unfunded Children?

We were advised sometime ago to ensure our fees for unfunded children stayed in line with the neg. reason being all our unfunded children were under 3's and ratios are very different resulting in extra costs.

You were lucky to get some good advice there - no one from our area advises on costs to do with anything, fees, rent, staff wages absolutely nothing.

• 5 weeks later...

We have been charging 6.50 for21/2 hrs but I have tried for years for the pre-school to charge the same as the funding. We are putting it up to 8.40 for 3 hrs ( Why I dont know) and we are running at a loss. I have always felt that 3 year olds upwards should pay the same, they get the same care, we observe and assess them and they are recieving their entitlement elseware. Why should we loose out, The sraff did not ger a rise this year.

I've been checking out the groups in our area and it varies hugely: from £3 per hour ( us!) to over £5 per hour ( private school nursery), but our EYDO is telling everyone to bring fees in line with funding, fine for us, we can start to move ours up a bit, which is what we're doing in September, but we'll still be slightly below funding.

Well our base rate under SFF is only £2.50ish per hour, and we charge parents £6 per session (2.5 hours) The 'top ups' on the SFF seem to vary term by term so we've not been able to work out any constant to base a session cost increase on. We were only £5 a session until Easter then 'hiked it up'.

The 'top ups' on the SFF seem to vary term by term so we've not been able to work out any constant to base a session cost increase on.

This makes me so cross. :o How can settings possibly be more businesslike in working out costings etc to ensure they are sustainable in the long term if they can't even calculate how much their income will be once the SFF comes into force. Something has to give.

Maz

Absolutely - found the piece of paper, Base rate is £2.67, then there's deprivation setting allowance, deprivation child allowance, non contact allowance. training allowance, and transitional payment, which all vary, term by term

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)