Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maths Document 'numbers And Patterns' Ready To Download

Aunt Sally

How did you order it? On teachernet the only thing you can order is a flyer, unless I read it wrong...

http://publications.teachernet.gov.uk/defa...01011-2009&

I couldn't find it on teachernet to order, so I send an email to dcsf@prolog.uk.com, quoting the document title and reference number. I thnk there's a link from the download page.

We'll see what happens!

Maz

Thank you for this - I've ordered via email too so hopefully it'll get to me.

Well I'm not so sure about that - I've just got an email from them saying the email ordering facility is no longer open, pointing me to Teachernet, the Every Child Matters website and the National Strategies website.

So why are they still showing the email link then? :o

I shall have to go away and have another look!

Maz

Guest tinkerbell

Iv'e already posted a thread to say I am no longer able to order from teacher net...red writing telling me so...

I downlaoded and printed off,back to back printing ,it's still a weighty document! my evening reading.

My TA has been on teacher net and I think she has ordered us 2 copies!!

I shall be seeing the LEA advisers on Thursday and will ask why they can't get and distribute like the olden days..Ha,ha

Tinkerbell

Update - this publication http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.g...1?uc=force_deep

From an EYs Consultants national event today I learned that it is actually intended for Reception and Year 1, you will notice it is actually published under Primary Strategy rather than early years. (It's a blue coded document rather than a green one!)

This is why LAs are only able to order for maintained settings I'm afraid. They won't have copies to distribute to pre school settings as they can't get them themselves!

The other doc http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.g...9?uc=force_deep is for all practitioners and the order forms for LAs are on their way to get copies to distribute. There seems to have been a glitch in getting the order forms out to us.

Cx

Edited by catma

you will notice it is actually published under Primary Strategy rather than early years.

I hadn't actually noticed that it was published under primary and not early years until you pointed it out catma. I just looked at the target audience and saw "early years practitioners" and thought it would be suitable for me and my setting. How annoying, but thanks for letting us know!

Maz

I don't understand why its intended for Reception when it starts at 16- 26 months?

Good spot, Magenta. Although I'd seen that on my quick scan, it hadn't registered. :o

Maz

Its also on the Early Years page and is described as:

This set of resource materials is intended to help practitioners working with children in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), and teachers working with lower Key Stage 1 children, to plan their mathematics provision and help children to secure some of the key mathematical ideas that they will use throughout the rest of their lives.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)