Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Degree

katehart

Too right Shirel!

I feel lucky to have a job in and be studying a field in which I am passionately interested. It means that I don't mind the late nights and helps me be motivated to get on with assignments. It also means that I am feeling able to make improvements to my practice every day which is a great bonus.

I would not have got this far through a degree course I didn't have a passion for, that's for sure.

I know how you feel and i am really passionate about doing my very best to improve my skills too.

how are ppl finding the degree with the changes or is it just my college/uni changed things

Having just started our second year of the Foundation degree in Early Years course, our biggest change was a change of tutor part way througha module. What sort of changes have you had to cope with lulu?

Whoops!

We have to produce a portfolio of evidence for Early Years Core Learning Outcomes for our level 1 work-based course, then again (but updated where necessary) for the level 2 work-based course. This Level 2 portfolio also includes Route Specific Learning Outcomes (that means dependent on your job role - either Babies - under 3; Foundation Stage - 3 - 5 or Teaching Assistant) I'm doing FS. Trouble is, a lot of the evidence I'm likely to use is pretty common to all!! So as you can see, it can be a tad 'tedious'.

Well, that's a simplified 'nutshell' explanation....

Sue :o

That makes sense now. We have had to do a similar portfolio of 20 peices of evidence over our first year. Then we will take ten of those forward and develop them further along with ten new ones for our second year portfolio. I think tedious just about covers it!

I have to agree!! :o I'm doing the OU route too. Fed up again with EYCLOs, RLOs, PEFs and WBLFs!!!!!!

I'm drowning in paper at the moment and having gained permission from parents to allow their child to help me with my research they have decided to take her on holiday for a week. I was hoping to go on my Mosaic tour this week which would leave me plenty of time to analyse my findings. Boo! Hoo! xD

I thought I had a couple of days to catch up today and tomorrow. I had arranged to do a group activity with some reception children at school for one assignment and then I was planning to really get my head down, evaluate it and then write up some obs and catch up with some reading.

Now?

I have to take my daughter back to A&E to have a wrist xray and then answer the SOS call from nursery who are desperate for staff for the next 2 days. Lovely to be asked and I could really do with the money but aaarrrrgggghh! I really needed that time!

I thought I had a couple of days to catch up today and tomorrow. I had arranged to do a group activity with some reception children at school for one assignment and then I was planning to really get my head down, evaluate it and then write up some obs and catch up with some reading.

Now?

I have to take my daughter back to A&E to have a wrist xray and then answer the SOS call from nursery who are desperate for staff for the next 2 days. Lovely to be asked and I could really do with the money but aaarrrrgggghh! I really needed that time!

Hi Upsy Daisy

Hope your daughter is ok? Did you manage to catch up with your work?

Chin up!!!!

Help.... it's hard! My problem is finding time to study Ive been up at 5:30 in the morning trying to do essays because I can't sleep! Second essay in tomorrow so I am making progress, wish there were more hours in the day sometimes! :o

Hi Upsy Daisy

Hope your daughter is ok? Did you manage to catch up with your work?

Chin up!!!!

Thanks Katehart. She'll be fine.

We have had some pretty big issues to tackle with her since half term and recovery is going to be long and slow.

I just wanted to share with you that, if I had not been a bit ahead of where I absolutely had to be, I would have been totally scuppered now. Not least because when you are worried about something it is so hard to concentrate. So do yourselves a big favour. Leave some slack in the system because you never know what is around the corner. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)