Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Chinese New Year

Sorry - I've missed a few posts here - Annette - did you find how the years got their names? 'coz I've just pulled out my text. If you (or anyone) hasn't managed to find it and would like it - I'll put it on here ... I've just found my copy but don't want to duplicate if not necessary.

Is it 'gung hey fat choy? coz I have Kung hey fat choy? (doesn't particularly bother me as I can always blame it on speech problems ... but I've just told our Y5 teacher who's doing an assembly - based on my info!!!! :o )

Harricroft

Harricroft

Both spellings are equally acceptable - it depends on which romanisation system was used when translating the phrase into English. Getting the correct pronounciation of the phrase might be tricky if you've no experience of the language, and it also depends which dialect you use too!

:o So glad I came back on to check this-I too thought it was this weekend! Same as Shelly-must have been looking at last years dates! I even read them the story yesterday and have put some lanterns up! How embarrassing! Oh well, we'll be on holiday on the 9th so I'll just top a few things to teach them about it over the next few weeks xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)