Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wow Cards

Just to let everyone know I gave out the vouchers and parent notice for our WOW wall yesterday and made up the wall in the middle of the room. Already we have had a fantastic response with around 4 coming in from parents, and staff using them too.

I am encouraging parents to come into the room to help their pin the WOW vouchers on - out of interest how do you encourage / remind parents to take another voucher with them for their next one - I dont think many did and I dont want it to be a one hit wonder?

I make sure there's a loads in each child's tray, and we slip one in their book bag if it's been a while since they put one up.

Ahh you must be in a school? we dont have book bags or trays need to devise another method...

We leave a pile of 'wow' sheets on the information table for parents to pick up as and when they need them.

We introduced them to our setting in September this year and to be honest have only received about 8 back !!!

We have 'parent pockets' which are hanging, shoe pockets. Each pocket has a child's name on and our parents

look in their 'pockets' for invoices, news letters, lost property, pieces of art work etc and I tend to pop a 'wow' sheet

into each one at least once every half term as a gentle reminder!

dottyp

• 4 weeks later...

Have only just found the WOW wall items. I asked parents to share achievements last year but only one parent did so. I feel sure that your letter to parents and the WOW slip will really encourage parents to take part, hope so, thank you!

Have only just found the WOW wall items. I asked parents to share achievements last year but only one parent did so. I feel sure that your letter to parents and the WOW slip will really encourage parents to take part, hope so, thank you!

I hope so too! let us know

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thanks for this great idea, I have quite a couple of new children in my class with challenging behaviour and I think this could work as a really positive incentive. I was just wondering if anyone had also included examples of work, photos, and models that the children have done? I often struggle to find enough room to display their wonderful creations and thought the wow wall and display area below could work well. Also does anyone have any photos of their Wow walls for extra inspriration??

Many thanks

Lil xx :oxD

hi all

I use a similar idea in my setting, we have star awards that are given out to reward their achievements but at the moment we dont display them.

we also have a self registration board which is space and everyone has a rocket they put up everytime their in. i was wondering if it would be a good idea to link the two together putting the stars up where everyone can see them

what do you all think?

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)