Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Exemplar Sefs

first little bit attached.

Brilliant start - Hope you don't mind, I've put it through spell-check for you. It was only in the last section which I suspect you have only just done.

Thanks for sharing - some good ideas here, particularly the percentage results of your questionnaire

SEF_for_forum.doc

Thanks to all who have posted their SEf , it has motivated me to start ours in between changing nappies and clering up sick !!

In the guidance it says to put" the number of qulifications of the adults working with the children" i see not everyone has done this , have you put it somewhere else ?

Thanks to those who have posted these, I am currently helping our leader to do hers (I'm the chair but an ex-early years teacher). I will post ours when it is in a fit state!

My only thought (from previous experiences with Ofsted) is to be as specific as possible - for instance, I'm planning to tell my leader to actually quote from the most recent parent questionnaires.

It does make me a bit mad that they are forcing you all to spend so much time and stress on these! Is it really the best use of your time? I guess that's a question for another posting.

Thanks again for sharing.

Hi Zoe and Cait

As everyone else has said before, thank you so much for sharing your SEF with the Forum. I have only completed

the first three sections and that has taken me hours in itself. As I work through the rest of it during the Easter Hols I

will certainly return the favour - although I doubt you could improve on yours but maybe help others! Congrats on getting it completed, hope you celebrated with a 'large' bottle of wine!

dottyp

many thanks to cait and zoelat for being so brave as to down load!! i think both are excellent! i will down load mine from work tomorrow as i have not got it saved at home- we got good for self evaluation and continuous improvement last month when ofsted arrived and i do not think my sef is as comprehensive as the 2 viewed!!! i would say outstanding!!! well done!

many thanks to cait and zoelat for being so brave as to down load!! i think both are excellent! i will down load mine from work tomorrow as i have not got it saved at home- we got good for self evaluation and continuous improvement last month when ofsted arrived and i do not think my sef is as comprehensive as the 2 viewed!!! i would say outstanding!!! well done!

That's interesting to hear, thanks

here is my sef as promised, like i said earlier i dont think its as good as the others but ofsted gave it a good!!!!

Jaycooks - thank you that's very kind of you - I haven't anything to share yet - but will when I have!

Sunnyday

here is my sef as promised, like i said earlier i dont think its as good as the others but ofsted gave it a good!!!!

Just observing the 'sharing' nature of the FSF members, so my comments are lightwieght as I 'fortunately' do not have to complete a SEF.

Seems in yours jaycooks, bullet points accepted. :o

Peggy

Just observing the 'sharing' nature of the FSF members, so my comments are lightwieght as I 'fortunately' do not have to complete a SEF.

Seems in yours jaycooks, bullet points accepted. :o

Peggy

i originally did it without, but was advised by LA to use bullits as ofsted preferred it that way as eaier to read!!!

Thanks guys for sharing, its been really useful and I've taken on board some of your points about section 3. Had a look at sections 5 and 6 tonight, but then put them away again as just couldn't face it - to be honest a lot of it seems quite repetitive, unless I'm missing something, feel like I've done inclusion and partnership about 100 times in different parts of SEF!!!

We were laughing about the reluctance within our county to share the SEFs at playgroup today and about how protective some of our local settings have been so its fab to see such a collegiate ethos on here. Thank-you all again, Zoe. xxx

Thanks guys for sharing, its been really useful and I've taken on board some of your points about section 3. Had a look at sections 5 and 6 tonight, but then put them away again as just couldn't face it - to be honest a lot of it seems quite repetitive, unless I'm missing something, feel like I've done inclusion and partnership about 100 times in different parts of SEF!!!

We were laughing about the reluctance within our county to share the SEFs at playgroup today and about how protective some of our local settings have been so its fab to see such a collegiate ethos on here. Thank-you all again, Zoe. xxx

hi, rather than keep on repeating yourself its fine to cross reference i.e see section xx and state title

its worth when its finished, honest!! and as i said in another thread it stops inspector asking lots of questions! and when they do you just say its in the sef!!!

::1aHi, thanks for sharing SEFs have just finished mine, but struggling to upload to ofsted. Anyway I'll try and upload it when I work out how. Was cheeky and asked our Early Years Advisor to look, who said to add photo's and reference it to our Operational Plan. Must admit doesn't read as beautifully as others but Hey it's done!!!! Also uploading as a thankyou to everyone on the forum who's advice I used to write it, as getting on the training proved difficult. So HUGE Thankyou

We were advised to. Where it says about childrens views, ask them to take a photo of their fav things at pre-school or to take photos of what they like best. If you set the camera to web only then your pics will be fairly small- qs long as you dont do too many.

Thank you so much for sharing. Am completely bogged down with the sef at the minute - but will share as soon as I have anything that may be of help!

Thank again!

We'll look forward to that - I think everyone's tackling them over Easter!

Cait - do you think we should start a 'club' it could be called The Easter SEF brigade' of The Easter SEF avoiders support group'!

Sunnyday

Cait - do you think we should start a 'club' it could be called The Easter SEF brigade' of The Easter SEF avoiders support group'!

Sunnyday

Well do you know - that pile of ironing is looking very appealing, and if this weather holds there'll be plenty of weeding to do .......

Hi all, thank you so much for sharing your ideas, worries and even sef's it spurred me on to pick mine back up and actually finish the rough copy last night! So now all i have to do... is go back into what i've posted in the wrong places as i discovered that the guidance doesn't match up to the form online in places and you almost need a degree to fill it in - let's face it it's almost a dissertation! Anyway, i am going to type it up tonight when the kids are in bed, ooh, the ecitement but what a relief.

And, yes i will post it on here - not sure about the photos though, surely we could keep a file of the kids thoughts at pre-school and reference this in the sef? we could have parent and volunteer feedback in there too actually - ooh i can feel an ammendment to the sef already!

so far this holiday i have ~ washed all my 'daughter home from uni's' clothes, ironed (I NEVER iron) a stack a mile high, gone into town to buy a paint brush because all the ones we have just weren't the right size, decorated daughters bedroom, taken a midday nap (oh the luxury) the one thing i haven't done is picked up the sef xD and i really need to get on with it ....... after i have caught up here, had a cuppa, cleared out the cupboard under the sink :o

so far this holiday i have ~ washed all my 'daughter home from uni's' clothes, ironed (I NEVER iron) a stack a mile high, gone into town to buy a paint brush because all the ones we have just weren't the right size, decorated daughters bedroom, taken a midday nap (oh the luxury) the one thing i haven't done is picked up the sef xD and i really need to get on with it ....... after i have caught up here, had a cuppa, cleared out the cupboard under the sink :o

similar motivation here!!............mind the lunch time naps really are to be recommended!!

xxx

Oh you have made me feel sooooooo much better - just can't get into it - mind you haven't even tried - did suggest in another thread that we form a 'SEF avoiders support group'!!!

Amazing what else I can get done - so that I can justify (to myself) why I haven't even unpacked the blessed thing!

We really shouldn't have a visit from the big O until end of next year - I will be so cross with myself though if they come earlier!

Anyway - happy avoiding!

Sunnyday

i'm just the same, i work in a pre-school term time, i also work for an afterschool who work full day care during school hols. i have just completed a 10hour shift. when am i supposed to fill in two sef forms?

snap aan I do exactly the same as you it is so hard to find the time. I have half started mine but every time I sit down to start again I re-read it and change it. it has been a help looking at how others do them but it has also opened up a bit of a can of worms as everyone elses seems so much better/different to mine.

i am about to do some training later this month they are just rolling it out so it is going on hold till then I am sooo going to worry about it.

sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)