Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Chatroom!

Steve

Hi all -

This is just to let you know that the chatroom software has been updated, so if it looks a little unfamiliar, you know why.

One of the new features I was keen to see is that for those of you with sensitive eyes, it is now possible to customize the background colour to your own preference. I haven't had time to play with it yet, but let me know if there are any problems! :)

Okeydokey! I've changed the colour scheme so there is no glaring white background any more - in fact it has the gentler appearance of our own blue themed pages! :)

I had thought it would be possible for individuals to set their own preferences, but sadly it looks like you're all going to have to put up with a colour scheme chosen by me...

If the contrast is better for people with sensitive eyes, then I'll leave it as it is. Two other things you can do, if you have trouble reading computer monitors, are:

1) Undock the chat window. The little icon that looks a bit like a dialogue box underneath the main window (10th icon from the left). This will allow the chat page to float in its own independent window. Once you've done this you can 'maximise' the window in the usual way. The chat facility then takes up the whole screen which should make it easier to read.

2) Once you've done that, you can enlarge the text by quite a lot, so it should be clear enough for anyone to read. You do that by clicking the magnifying glass icon with a plus sign on it, repeatedly until it suits your vision.

Hope that helps! :)

Seems absolutely fine to me - well that was until i started trying every little box at the bottom and got chucked out - dunno why! :o

Like the smilies!

janice

Well, thanks for the suggestion Steve, duly followed but I'm afraid no luck!

How about the informing local whatsits - how do I do that? I may have been doing it wrong. Why am I such a duffer..... :o

Sue xD

Guest diannej

sorry Sue cant answer that one, but yep I reckon the new chat room is much better. :D

just need a tea making facility now, a comfy sofa, and some great company.

Am I asking too much?

Diannej -

What, you can't tell me why I am a duffer, or the question about the local whatsits - although if anyone can answer something that vague their initials are probably JC !!! xD:o

Sue :(

Guest diannej

I thought the good company was the easy bit Susan. :D

no shortage of that here I mean...

oh dear when you're in a hole.... :o

Hi

I have just managed to get into the chat room without any problems :):):)

Like many others on here I am suffering with a cold :o ) my planning will just have to wait!!!

I have now got to go and watch my son play footie this afternoon and its freezing outside.

Carol

I survived the footie match ... (score was 2- 2). I must recomend going out in the fresh air for 2 hours when you have a rotten cold as it cleared my nose completely and I am now able to breath again. :D

Carol

Talking of colds .... as so many of the children in out group have colds at the moment and we got fed up of dirty tissues being left on the floor we decided to buy a 'Tissue bin'. (£4.99 from woolies)

Its a small peddle bin that is kept just for dirty tissues and the children have to put their foot on the peddle to open the lid. Hey presto ...no more dirty tissues on the floor.

It was a novelty for the first week when all of the children had to have a go at opening the bin, but now it is used properly. Ofsted liked it!!!!!

Carol

Nope, I cant get in either SueR. Just when I thought id got it all sorted as well.

I dont know...go to the other side of the world and hey presto the forum looks different every time I log in. :o

Gallery? whats that all about?

new chat room.

what's next I wonder?

Steve

Just been in the chat room - it's really good. I wondered what the different rooms were, so I clicked on quiet rooms 1 and 2 and under 5's etc but was denied access. What are these rooms Steve? xD

I like the fact that you can change colour font as well - I went from black to pink in a lovely range of colour!!! :o Will check out the other buttons when next in there.

Sue J

Hello anyone

I know it was only a week ago I asked what the 'quiet' rooms were in the chat room. I clicked on them and was told 'access denied' or 'password invalid'. xD Is it some 'secret' room :o for 'special' people - if it is, can I come in please because I always thought I was special too.

Someone tell me please

Sue J

Hi Sue

I have sent Steve a pm to ask him about this as I am having problems on there too. I'm sure he will get to you as soon as possible.

Linda

Sue, you should be able to get into quiet 1 and quiet2, I can!

They are rooms to escape to with friends if it becomes too busy in the main chat room. Closed is as it says closed! and underfives is yet to be instigated, as I understand it.

When you click on the quietone or two, it should tell you that you are in that room and if you've got someone with you, obviously, you can chat there! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)