Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception - The Best Way Forward...

HELLO EVERYONE.i KNOW THIS IS AN OLD TOPIC BUT i NEED SOME HELP.i AM A NURSERY TEACHER WHO IS NOW RESPONSIBLE FOR ORGANISING THE rECEPTION CLASS DAY ,AS EY COORDINATOR.i HAVENT TAUGHT SPECIFICALLY IN RECEPTION ALTHOUGH WE WERE LAST YEAR AN EY UNIT.oTHER SCHOOLS VISITED TO OBSERVE OUR UNIT .HOWEVER OUR NEW HEAD SAYS THERE SHOULD BE MORE STRUCTURE IN RECEPTION AND EY UNITS ARE ONLY RIGHT FOR CHILDREN WHO ARE MEETING TARGETS SUCCESSFULLY.SO WE HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT NURSERY AND RECEPTION MUST FUNCTION AS SEPARATE STAGES I FEEL THIS IS A STEP BACKWARDS AND NEED SOME HELP WITH PRODUCING A TIMETABLE WHICH STILL ALLOWS FOR CHILD CENTERED LEARNING .ANY COMMENTS PLEASE :o

Hi Crestacat -

If you'll forgive me I'm going to reproduce your post as a new topic. The reason is that it's quite possible it will get lost at the end of this one, and I think it deserves to build up its own thread. I'm going to close this topic now, so that people can still read it but not add to it. If anyone feels that they've been stimulated by the conversation here (and why wouldn't you, it's probably the longest and most widely ranging conversation we've had), please don't be intimidated by the prospect of starting up your own topic. It's easy! Find your way to the forum and click the 'New Topic' button! :D