Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Archiving

Can someone remind me or point me in a direction of a list of exactly what we need to keep in terms of accident forms, registers etc, and for how long. Can you also then let me know where you are storing these things? We have moved out of our old premises where all paperwork has always just gone into the loft space, so will need to sort out this paperwork and make an action plan as to where to store it and new stuff in the future.

We are a committee run pre-school and at our committee meeting we did talk about scanning things and keeping things on computer, but weren't sure if this was possible.

Thanks

Clare

Hi

This is a useful doc from PSLA. As for storage we are in the same position as you. Mind you Im committee and i think previous committees have not stored half the paperwork they should have done. This is probably down to ignorance than anything else though.

Retention_period_for_records.pdf

also think you need to keep original documents not copies which they would be if scanned and stored on discs...

chance of manipulation and changes can be made even of scanned copies..

if it builds up may be worth contacting a local storage firm, ours has small lockups just for this purpose which are not that costly and allow access any time .

• 3 months later...

I've just been cancelling my pre-school insurance policy. I noticed on an email from my insurance company that Employers' Liability Insurance certificates need to be kept for 40 years! :o

I've just been cancelling my pre-school insurance policy. I noticed on an email from my insurance company that Employers' Liability Insurance certificates need to be kept for 40 years! :o

My children are seriously worried that I will leave all my archives to them!

My children are seriously worried that I will leave all my archives to them!

I know what you mean. The delightful MrsWeasley just asked me if I think I'll be alive in 40 years... :o