Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer 'to Do' List

Cait

Ok, it's that time of year folks, Time to spend at least a day writing a list of all those jobs we MUST complete over the break. These may include such sundries as decorating, gardening, etc but obviously we must find time for the essential preparation paperwork for next year. We must take timetabling into account, how much time each day should be devoted to the aforementioned paperwork, and what does everyone prefer - have a big blast first thing whilst still in 'work mode' and get it all done or do we have a well earned 'break' and then get down to it all later?

I allow myself a few days - but must be very strict - a few days of pottering can quickly turn into your average bog standard lounging about for 6 weeks, panic last week of August.

Have a few issues which need to be "sorted" early on then it's on with the time-tabling colour coded, short, med.long term to do list - and may I remind all from the fiasco of Easter, that I shall be keeping a very strict eye on my to do list I shall have nobody sneaking by and hiding it.

Ok, it's that time of year folks, Time to spend at least a day writing a list of all those jobs we MUST complete over the break. These may include such sundries as decorating, gardening, etc but obviously we must find time for the essential preparation paperwork for next year. We must take timetabling into account, how much time each day should be devoted to the aforementioned paperwork, and what does everyone prefer - have a big blast first thing whilst still in 'work mode' and get it all done or do we have a well earned 'break' and then get down to it all later?

Are you my ex line-manager??? :(:( :wacko:

do we have to hand-in personal plans - will you be setting targets! xD :rolleyes:

do they have to follow the 'goals and aims' of the organisation! :oxD:(

Help I'm having flash-backs to a former life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxx

I have two lists - one for the weekend and one for the rest of the holidays!

My weekend list involves - sleep, trips to Ikea and John Lewis and a nice bottle of wine!

My second list mainly involves lots of time on the computer getting resources for my new class, painting lots of large bits of cardboard to create a castle for my classroom, planning, getting myself fit and healthy (2 potential inspections in the autumn term). However, when I get to do it depends on a very slow firm of solicitors dealing with the purchase of my sisters' new house which then has to be renovated completely before I can move in to her old house!

One date which is fixed is the birth of my niece - 1st September so I guess it has to all be done before then as I start back on the second!!

Hi

I like to get quite alot of preperation done for September in this last week as we wind down a bit at work.

Then for me it is a total rest from Pre-School for a few weeks.

Time to relax, read books, do much needed house work and generally chill.

Then as September approaches I give my self some full days to get back into work.

By the way thanks Cait for your help with E115 OU earlier on in the year. I don't know how I would have managed without you.

The week after next I shall be in your part of the world as we come up for our yearly fix of Lake District hills.

Have a great summer everyone

Glen

I have three lists

"things to do before friday" list (failing miserably with it!)

"things to do over the 6 weeks" list (havent started to make this one)

"things that I really should do but will look for an excuse not to do" list (very long and contains half of the things that were originally on the friday list!)

lists dont get shorter 'cus as fast as one thing gets done and crossed off there is something else to add to the list

Edited by Alison

I have a few lists too!!!

Things to do before tomorrow when my daughter leaves her teenage years and hits 20!

Things to do before we finish for the summer on Tuesday.

Things to do by 28th July (when 2 assignments for my degree need to be handed in)

Things to do before I go away, and before my son leaves for his summer in America!!

Things to do when I get back (this is the BIG list!! It will contain stuff for 2 assignments and my early years profile stuff, and pages of my book to be writing as well as a second book I am working on)

When will I get my rest???????????????

I fear that September 3rd will come around faster than I can imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even with all the lists and stuff to do though I am still excited that its only 4 more days at work!!!!!!!

My list is started......it's really long already and I haven't even thought about the stuff for home and my children, I need to go back to my list and prioritise! It's all nursery stuff! xD:o

Ooops - guess who hasn't 'dealt with' her Sainsbury's vouchers - so that's this afternoon 'taken care of' - goodness - hope there is still time xD

Late afternoon off to London - going to see Oliver! (the musical - thought I should add that in case you thought I was just going to meet a friend) :(:(

Tomorrow - last session in the morning and then 'Teddy Bears Picnic' can you offer up a prayer for good weather please!

Weekend - CHILL :(

Monday........start to de-clutter and clean my filthy house :o

I am not even going to 'bring home' any paperwork from my setting until I have first 'cleared the decks' here!

Ermm I haven't really a summer to do list in terms of work (since my new role starts in September). :o

My summer to do list is:

To buy new shoes, a couple of pairs of trousers for work.

To go back on JSA for a few weeks.

To look at GCSEs courses and OU BA (Hons) Early Years Degree (yes can't seem to but the degree to 'bed'!), I am looking at my options since I cannot go back to college to finish my BA (hons) degree this year.

To ermmm relax before going back into the world of work! lol

Ermm forgot one, to finish most of the GGUK Adult Leadership Qualification over summer. Nearly done hurrah! lol

Beth

Edited by beth1

YES!!

My before Friday to-do list just got shorter. I have finished this terms assignments. Just have to proof read, copy and paste the Harvard refs and print out in the morning.

I am sooooo pleased that I don't have to take them on holiday tomorrow. :oxD:(:(:( :wacko:

(can you tell?)

Right - got the register all done for the new year and letters sent out to those people who didn't return books by the end of the year.

Photo disks to do next - bread maker is on ready for lunch!

I've been on holiday for two weeks now and am still putting learning journeys up to date to send off to parents. Good job they're an understanding lot! Well it's taken me a while to sort photos and get them printed - that's my excuse anyway!

Just need to make a couple of discovery bottles, sort a way to self registar, re-vamp continuous provisions, sort out all the books into 6 boxes so we can change them each half term - we have way too many - then spend the last two weeks in my classroom finding a place for everything, where hopefully the builders and decorators will have finished. Put up new notice boards and find a good way to display the EYFS posters and pictures, oh and order a few new bits and pieces.

I do find it hard to switch off though and will keep thinking of other things to do, or is it just me :o

jackie.

sort out all the books into 6 boxes so we can change them each half term - we have way too many -

I do find it hard to switch off though and will keep thinking of other things to do, or is it just me :o

jackie.

Only 6 boxes eh? we have ten and it took me 4 hours yesterday to do the book inventory - in spite of the books having coloured stickers on them to make it quicker to sort into boxes!

I've not switched off yet - just off to do the banking now it's stopped raining!

no it's not just you

Edited by Cait

Think I said earlier that I was just going to 'chill' this weekend but.........

have been really busy........made a good start on 'sorting out my house'....only on here to give my shredder time to 'cool down'! Have been shredding like a 'thing possesed', car is groaning under the wieght of all the old copies of NW and educational catalogues that are packed in the boot ready for recycling and I will be lighting a bonfire later!

Woohoo...feeling very pleased with my efforts so far! :o

Wow! well done you! I've done the photo disks just now and did the start of the new children's Learning stories (the Parent and Keyworker pages) and got them all printed out - so just on here whilst the printer cools down! it was only 144 pages but felt like loads more!

Oh and I've backed up all the photographs too after losing well over 1000 at Christmastime when the pendrive died!

Early years stuff is on hold.Everything has been pushed into the newly boarded out loft to become mum's stuff/teenage chill out area/ playmobil den. That will need a couple of days sorting. The garden is in need of some TLC. I have my business accounts to for last year to complete and get to the accountant for the tax return :o My web site is nearly a year old and I want to make some changes and even with putting the holiday sign up I have at least 40 items to make on my return from the coast xD

[quote name='sunnyday' date='Jul 18 2009, 14:51' post='207331'

have been really busy........made a good start on 'sorting out my house'....only on here to give my shredder time to 'cool down'! Have been shredding like a 'thing possesed', car is groaning under the wieght of all the old copies of NW and educational catalogues that are packed in the boot ready for recycling and I will be lighting a bonfire lat

Snap! I've been through about 5 years worth of NW......and the remains are waiting the boot for recyling!! about to start on the EYSs now!!

xxxxxxxxxx

I'm going to clear out the fire grate and have a good blaze with all this old paperwork! Scanned stuff in today - registration forms and that kind of stuff - don't need to keep paper copies, It's all on CD now and takes up a lot less room!

HAHAHAHAHAHA just checked my horoscope for today -

20 July 2009 Take it slow and easy today, dear Taurus. With the energy from the day's aspects, rushing around isn't likely to get you too far. In fact, you're more apt to make mistakes or to leave a bunch of things unfinished. Make your "to do" list and go about each thing one at a time in an even pace. Even if you don't finish everything, what you do accomplish will be done well.

HAHAHAHAHAHA just checked my horoscope for today -

20 July 2009 Take it slow and easy today, dear Taurus. With the energy from the day's aspects, rushing around isn't likely to get you too far. In fact, you're more apt to make mistakes or to leave a bunch of things unfinished. Make your "to do" list and go about each thing one at a time in an even pace. Even if you don't finish everything, what you do accomplish will be done well.

Brilliant - check out Libra for me Possum please .........

I have made a good start this morning .......printer is on 'overdrive'.....but should my horoscope advise against this course of action....I could be easily persuaded to stop!!! :o

Sunnyday