Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Long Term Planning

Hi I've finally finished the long term plans for my reception class. I'll be starting back in Jan after maternity leave. Would you knid people have a look and let me know what you think. All feedback gratefully recieved.

We plan to have continuous provision sheets adapted from very kind person on here and the requested sheets from LA to go alongside them, the learing intentions will be highlighted based on obs of children and their interests. To go with these we will have posters for classroom helpers with appropriate vocab and questions and suggested activities and resources for each area alongside request sheets from children.

The short term plans will reflect enhanced provision etc.

Thanks

prees_Continuous_Provision_.doc

Prees_4_5_Long_term_plan.doc

Hi

These look super - you have worked SO hard (and when you are on maternity leave!)

I do hope it is appreciated in your school.

Good luck for next term.

Wow! I hope they give you some TOIL at some point or at the very least, the acknowledgement you deserve- very thorough and show you really know your stuff.

Good luck on returning to work.

These look really good and now I want to adapt mine again :o I suppose that is all part of it, although I have spent alot of time on my planning, I keep finding some really good examples then I cut and paste but now I feel a bit guilty because I haven't typed or worked it all out myself.

These look really good and now I want to adapt mine again :o I suppose that is all part of it, although I have spent alot of time on my planning, I keep finding some really good examples then I cut and paste but now I feel a bit guilty because I haven't typed or worked it all out myself.

These look fab! Thankyou for posting them, great to see how other people set up continuous provision!

Jupiter, these are truly brilliant xD

I love the way you have not only referenced the 6 areas of learning and development, but also the themes and commitments. You cannot be any better prepared for January!

Thanks so much for sharing these with us; I suspect Peggy will be putting these in the resource library :(

And you've done all this with a baby......

PS To show I've had a thorough read, there is one spelling mistake: mallable instead of malleable. Call me picky :o

Thanks for reading them, and for the spelling correction, I hadn't spotted it.

quote name='Helen' date='Nov 26 2008, 10:22' post='159278']

Jupiter, these are truly brilliant xD

I love the way you have not only referenced the 6 areas of learning and development, but also the themes and commitments. You cannot be any better prepared for January!

Thanks so much for sharing these with us; I suspect Peggy will be putting these in the resource library :(

And you've done all this with a baby......

PS To show I've had a thorough read, there is one spelling mistake: mallable instead of malleable. Call me picky :o

Thank you all for taking the time to look through the plans, I know your all very busy especially at this time of year. I am feeling more confident about them now.

Hi Jupiter

Finally got round to reading these!

Excellent, and as someone pointed out, MALLEABLE,

But I also found that my download of the malleable materials and small world had no KUW

and Home corner role play, outdoor area and sand & water had no PD or KUW

In a couple of places you have put MD instead of PSRN

But overall, absolutely fantastic!!!!

Thank you so much for starting me on my way with these, I have used them as a template for mine - and staff are well impressed - especially with the lovely colours - unfortunately not so much with the effort that goes into the research for each of them!

Thank you so much once again

hi,,

Wow .... had a read through and things really fell into place .. a great piece of eveidence to show staff to see how the two can link up and the new eyfs is linking into the ols way.... Staff words not mine..... thanks for sharingit Heide

Thanks so much for sharing these with us; I suspect Peggy will be putting these in the resource library :o

Yes, Helen, lots of downloads already over 200, I am working on updating the library and hopefully will have it all 'spick and span', including Jupiters great Continuous Provision sheets, by the new year. xD Well done Jupiter.

Just one query, is the long term plan a Shropshire document with regards to copyright?

Peggy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Jupiter

Finally got round to reading these!

Excellent, and as someone pointed out, MALLEABLE,

But I also found that my download of the malleable materials and small world had no KUW

and Home corner role play, outdoor area and sand & water had no PD or KUW

In a couple of places you have put MD instead of PSRN

But overall, absolutely fantastic!!!!

Thank you so much for starting me on my way with these, I have used them as a template for mine - and staff are well impressed - especially with the lovely colours - unfortunately not so much with the effort that goes into the research for each of them!

Thank you so much once again

hehe just spotted my spelling mistake in the title of the file

Here attached are my copies for preschool. Thank you one again for a fab start! :o

Continulous_Provision_plan.doc

Guest cathy m

Thanks Cait

They are very comprehensive, I have been thinking about adding the 4 themes to mine and i see you have already done that

Cathy

Here attached are my copies for preschool. Thank you one again for a fab start! :o

Wow these are brilliant. I love the questions and look, listen note boxes and will add these to mine - thankyou

• 1 month later...

hi

don't feel guilty I adapt and use all sorts of plans that I come acroos - I have jsut come across these and wow they make alot of sense so why reinvent the wheels - well done for all that hard work - it does make me feel inadequate - but only for a short while and the more we share ideas the better we become

• 2 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)