Strategies to promote home learning
What will I learn?
Parental involvement in early learning has a greater impact on children's well-being and achievement than any other factor.
Parents are keen to help their children but sometimes need support to do so.
This online course will give practitioners an increased understanding of the importance of the home learning environment and its impact on long-term outcomes for children.
Practitioners have a key role to play in encouraging home learning. Course participants will receive ideas to engage and support parents, helping them to create a positive home learning environment.
Key course topics:
• Good home learning environments
• Overcoming barriers to home learning
• Ways to engage parents
• Ideas for improving practice
• Describe what a good home learning environment provides
• Explain its importance in helping children do well and the impact this has as they move through do well at school
• Identify some of the barriers to creating a good home learning environment
• Develop new strategies for helping to overcome these barriers
• Further improve your partnership with parents
• Reflect on your own practice and develop new ideas to further support parents.
Preview this course online here.
Course duration: 3 hours
For further information and to book, click here