Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Rant From Me Again..

Still about the little boy from below. Well we have now had two group meetings about him and he is much improved, but the thing that has really got on our wick is that we have called in these people (SENCO & HV) for help we are the ones that have recognised there is a problem and he needs some help yet we are the ones that have ended up having to go and do the training! why us? we saw the problem?

They are saying that all staff members need to do two lots of behaviour management training, we have been told by the area SENCO who runs it that we are already doing it all anyway but we have to have a certificate to say it. My SENCO has already completed it and reported back that everything that we are doing is what has been recommended yet WE still have to do the training.

It is so annoying we have enough on our plate at the moment training for other things and I am obviously going to have to pay the girls to stay back and go over something we are already know. Have told this to HVs and SENCO but they are insisting we do it it is soooooo annoying

Uh rant over again...

Deb

You have all my sympathy - why are they there then, if they can see you know what you're doing, but still insist on training?? What you really need is a bit of support and some input!

Sue

Deb, I hope you feel better after your rant, nice to let it all out isn't it, sorry no words of wisdom from me just hope it all gets better sounds like an infuriating situation to be in.

Perhaps they should pay for staff cover/wages if it is for SEN and is so important. We have a small bursary for SEN training from our LEA (which we've spent). Otherwise staff don't get paid for training, have a day off instead.

I did go on a brilliant behaviour management course some years ago given by a very informative and interesting educational physcologist (sp) who knew her stuff based in reality. I always look out for her courses.

I've had the same experience as Deb, a tutor who knew her stuff and made it real.

Maybe let your SENCO know that behaviour management is part of your level 3 qualifications, ask at what level is the 'workshop' on ( which I doubt they will know) and say yes you will attend a course if they can confirm that it is at the appropriatte level for your staff. Might be worth a try. I don't recall seeing behaviour managemet as a 'mandatory' course within the standards, ( but it is a long time since I read them :o )

Hope you young boy continues to progress and you get the 'practical' support that you need.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)