Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children With Autism

Rea

thankyou for that timely bit of info................................i have literally just had a parent arrive who has an autistic child, and I'm going to be looking for all sorts of help with this little one.Any ideas,plans, schemes,anything at all which will help, will be gratefully received.Thanks! Also, any info regarding grants we can tap into for equipment we might need.................eg a nappy changing station, this child is 3 and still in nappies, so i'll need to get one !

Wow thanks for that link.

It doesn't say where you can get them from - I'm sure the little lad in my class would really benefit. However, he is fascinated by planets, haven't really noticed the train thing, although a boy I had a couple of years ago was obsessed with trains.

It sounds brilliant doesn't it? We've had two autistic children in our (Helen's) nursery, both of whom were obsessed with Thomas. I heard the news item this morning and thought it seemed really exciting.

Did you see the programme 'After Thomas' the other evening about a young boy who learned to empathise with his family via his golden retriever? Seems to chime very well with this. :)

Guest tinkerbell

I saw the news article on tv too and was very excited as it fits the bill for one of our autistic children who loves Thomas.

How do you order the DVD?

Tinkerbellx

OOps sorry Marion I didn't read your message .I have ordered my copy

Thanks

Tinkerbellx

Thank you so much for that. I have ordered a copy as one of my new starters in reception this term is autistic and I think this will appeal to him. It's always refreshing to find something new to enhance the learning of SEN children and especially heartwarming that forum members are always so ready to share with others.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)