Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Please Make A Stand Against Poverty!

mundia

Well only 2 weeks later than I intended to be, we are now half way through the month of action against poverty. The event is marked in the calendar but since some blip in the software doesnt allow this to be seen from the front page, I shall repeat what is said here.

As many of you took part, in one repsect or another, in the make Poverty History Campaign, in 2005, the fight continues. This month is the 'stand up against poverty' month of action.

Please consider holding an event in your setting to join the world record 'stand up' attempt. Please wear you white band if you have one or buy/make a new one.

can the FSF members 'make a virtual stand up' between 11 am on Sunday 15th October and 11 am on Monday 16th. Consider having a 'stand up' at your setting on Monday morning (16th) and perhaps send us your photos if you can. This is a world record attempt. Please participate. lets get as many members online that day and endorsing the 'stand up'.

I will start a new thread nearer the time.

My own city of Birmingham is trying to organise a city event but so far the council have not given permission but if that changes Ill let you know so anyone in the local area who wants to pop along can..

If you have local events hapening, please let us know here.

I have unashameedly not posted this in the lounge, which is not seen by visitors..could we try and keep this up on the front page please?

(sorry Steve, Im not really trying to take over...honest)

If you want to learn more about what you can do and look at success stories from 2005, then have a look

world record attempt

month of action

oxfam campaign

8 million people wore a white band in 2005.

Read about how debt relief in Zambia (my former home) has helped people access health care..they wouldnt have otherwise.

here

Make a stand...join us on 15th October

Count me in, I shall plan to have children, staff and parents 'stand' for the record attempt, unfortunately I only have 16 children on register, but I'm sure every little counts.

Remind me was it you Mundia who put the link to the Hunger Site?

HUNGER SITE

I've clicked to donate every day since I found the link.

Peggy

Guest tinkerbell

Yes Peggy I think it was Mundi put put the link on last year. I have been clicking every day since then!

Tinkerbellx

Thanks for the reminder Peggy. I had that site bookmarked on my old computer right at the top and had got into the habit of clicking on it everyday. After replacing my computer though I completely forgot.

Thanks for posting the link to hunger site, I didn't know about it til now so have just saved as bookmark, will be able to click daily now! Will be persuading head to do something for campaign against poverty, also speak with colleague who runs school council to see what the children come up with as they are very motivated when supporting campaigns . :D:D

Anita

nice one, neeta and Beau. Wherever you are going on holiday Beau, there may be a local event, or you can of course make your 'stand' in the comfort of your hotel/tent/whatever..

Im still waiting to ehar about the world record attempt, meant to give them a call today but somehow never got round to it..

I hope so Beau, they will be very welcome, whether it be a big group or a single perosn, it all counts.

I hope as amny mebers and visitors as possible will pop along on the day and join in the world record attempt 'Stand'..deatials to follow (ie when ive though o fthem)

Hi Mundia (seeing as this is your thread!!) I was wondering if you could tell me where to go to get a white band? And also is the record attempt at actually, physically standing, or do we have to organsie a particular event? Sorry if that sounds dim, but I'm not quite following :o