Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tap A Shape

Tap a shape consists of cork boards, little nails and coloured wooden shapes. You nail the shapes onto the boards to make pictures, patterns etc. Children and adults alike seem to enjoy it!

I love Tap a shape. We used to use it with a big cork board that you'd use for a notice board as well as the small boards that come with it, and had 3 sets so 3 children could do it together if they wanted. Great for hand/eye co-or., colour/shape recognition, creative, psed. :D

Does anybody know if it is possible just to buy the pins? We haven't had ours out for a while because we have lost most of them. Or could anybody suggest what else we could use instead?

Linda

Hi Linda, we lost quite a few of ours over the years and used some upholstery nails instead. These had bigger heads but were the closest to the original I could get.

Do you think if I told them I had lost my pins, shapes, hammers and boards they would send them all out??

xD:(:(:(

Let me know if it does and i'll do the same :o

well our head won;'t order from Yorkshire at the moment as they are taking ages to deliver...

so any other ideas, tried GLS but cannot find it on the site??

Thanks Sue and Suzanne. I think I will try the manufacturers first and if their is no joy I will look at buying upholstery tacks.

And I am still waiting for an urn from YPO which I ordered in May and they keep sending an invoice for!

Linda

Hi there, We have just ordered them from Galt (I think or possibly Hope) definately one or the other they could both be the same company for all I know they sell the same things! Anyhow it cost less than £30 for a set of six boards and hammers with the shapes and nails too. Which I thought was not a bad price at all. I haven't introduced them yet but I am planning to do it this week. Looking forward to the children's reaction as we have never had a resource like this before. I will keep you posted as to how it goes.

Byeee

Emma x

• 7 years later...

I've just moved to a new school and they have loads of boards/shapes/pins but no hammers. Do you reckon toffee hammers would do the job?

Thanks Fredbear. That is a good price, will bear it in mind if I find I need more shapes.... :-)

I'm intrigued that it's listed as being for age 6+ though, my nursery class LOVED this last year, it was one of the most well used resources we had, they were fine using it in their CI play and we never had a single incident/banged finger etc. Now that I'm in YR (in a different school) I'm definitely tempted to get a bigger board like Rea suggested.

Edited by Guest

Another one I have just found but is a bigger set and more expensive is on a site called MTA, (modern teaching aid) might be worth a look.:)

That will teach me to read the most recent post and not the first one looking for the whole thing. Hee hee:)

Edited by Fredbear

Ours is called knock and nail, and they love it so much! I bought some cork tiles and toffee hammers so that more could use it at the same time. Drawing pins work too for those with slightly less coordination! Bigger heads to aim at!

When we have melon for snack, we use the shell by cutting the melon in half and placing into wet sand. Then we use golf tees for children to tap and hammer. Please note it will only keep for two or three days but the children love it.

Could do with some more hammers though.:)

I just got them from a hardware shop and my husband has shortened the handles. Try a model shop, I have seen them there too.. Fredbear, we do that with pumpkins too - great fun!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)