Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children come first childminding network

Guest auntielynns123

HI Yasminelle :o

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum xD:( I am sure you will find your way around soon, it's a great place to be.

I had no problem reading your English, do you mind me asking what your first language is? I am ashamed to say I have very little knowledge of other languages apart from a bit of schoolgirl french and italian!!

I am sure others will be along to welcome you too and I look forward to getting to know you :(

I am sure others will be along to welcome you too and I look forward to getting to know you :o

Of course we will: welcome to the Forum Yasminelle!

Like Geraldine I had no problem reading your post - so don't worry. I'm sure you'll find your way around pretty soon!

Maz

Well, Yasminelle. you've done very well, so far! :o

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for introducing yourself. We look forward to finding out a bit about your work. xD

Hi Yasminelle, welcome from another childminder!

I had no problem understanding your post either, well done for posting in your second language!

Nona

• 6 months later...

I have just been approved as a quality assured network child minder and would recommend it to anyone who is as serious as i am about the future of child minders. It is so nice to see an element of surprise on some parents and other professionals who learn that there is more to the job that meets the eye. I have enjoyed being assessed and feel it only adds to my vigulence to ensure my paperwork and risk assessments are all kept up to date.

I also thinl it helps with advice face to face from my network assessor with the EYFS especially in this early days when alot of us are finding the way!

My network co-ordinator, Di, is fantastic and has become a friend as well as a colleague - Thanks Di!

• 6 months later...

Hi, I'm Helen,

I have been minding for 3 years, and am new to this site. You all sound very friendly and knowledgable!

I am in Wandsworth, SW London and I am not aware of any network here. How would I find out about it?

X

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone

Noticed that not many rcms are posting in this section so I thought I'd share this with you all. Yesterday I had my first network assessment which was health and safety and although I've been waiting since January, we now have a network co-ordinator and the ball is rolling. She was extremely thorough, even lifted up the loo seat to see how clean it was and lifted up the washing up bowl to see how clean the kitchen sink was. Out of the 98 sections on the papers for her to fill in, I only had 1 action to do before she comes again in about five weeks and that was to put a thermometer in the fridge. I didn't think that was too bad and today I'm still feeling quite smug with myself.

Regards

You should feel smug you did really well congratulations

Julie

• 2 years later...

Is anyone still involved in Children Come First? In our area the network has well lapsed due to lack of funding. Fortunately the network assessor and support worker who was made redundant, has set up a business providing the same support paid for by the setting. Well worthwhile it is too.

Honey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)