Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Time for Another Survey

DavidW

As part of my current research I have devised a very brief anonymous survey for parents, to assess current attitudes regarding men working in early years. So far I have had nearly 500 responses. I would be very grateful if anyone feels able to promote this to the parents of children attending your settings? 

Suggested invitation –

We are asking as many parents as possible to participate in a brief (9 question) survey about men working in Early Years as part of a research project which will be used to inform national policy. You may be aware that less than 2% of the Early Years workforce in England is currently male. This issue is currently being considered at a national level. Parents and carers views are an important part of the research. We would very much appreciate your input. The survey is anonymous. It can be found here -

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SAMEY

The questions in the survey are -

1. I believe it is beneficial for children aged 0-5 years to be cared for by men as well as women in early years settings (nursery, preschool, childminder)   Y / N

2. I am happy for a male early years worker to care for my child?                Y / N

3.  What is the age of your child? (in years)                                                         

4.  I have concerns about men working in early years                                      Y / N

5.  If you answered Yes to Question 4, please could you give your reasons?

6.  What are the benefits, if any, of having a mixed-gender early years workforce?

7.  What does the term 'male role-model' mean to you?

8.  Any other comments about men working in early years settings

9. I Am                                                                                                                    Male / Female

l will be happy to share the final results with anyone interested.

Many thanks 

David

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)