Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continuity of care

Help!  What is everyone’s understanding of continuity of care?  I believed that if I have 3 children everyday but one of those was changed to another day, either permanently or as a one off, we could accommodate the child even though we would have 4 children not 3.  Any help and guidance would be appreciated.  

Just had my Ofsted Inspection and feeling rather delicate at the minute so please be kind to me! ?

That's my understanding too, as long as we have risk assessed covering how we would cope with four in an emergency and travelling with four safely, and all parents concerned are aware of the variation.  You can't have four though if that means you have more than 6 under 8s in total.

• Like 1

Thank you.  My inspector told me that this is not the case and asked me to speak to the parents to give notice.  Of course I cried in front of the inspector.  I was over ratio which means automatic “inadequate”. Luckily she was a human being and scrutinised all my registers and came to conclusion that it was one off.  However, I’ve had to give notice ?.  Now you know why I’m delicate!!  Thank you x

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)