Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Policies and parents regarding social media

KidsCorner

Updating policies with staff etc and facebook has popped up again. There are rules for staff and committee but non for parents making comments about the setting or the people associated with it. The policies are an agreement between all concerned and I have been asked to include a clause preventing parents from putting bad comments out to the public without at least contacting the setting first to see if the problem can be sorted "locally". Just asking for other folks views and if the request is allowed legally!!!

I don't know about 'allowed legally' I think you can put whatever you want into a policy and if parents sign up to it that is up to them - whether it is enforcable legally is a different matter. I would phone your insurance company's legal advice line and ask them.

You might find some useful templates to work form in the resources library