Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYFS coverage and planning

Hi all,

Some fantastic information and advice on here so thought I would share a question I have. I am in my second year teaching EYFS (Reception) as I was previously in year 1 and 2. Recently subject leaders are wanting to see planning for different subjects e.g. science, history and geography etc. I obviously don't have these as they are different but I am aware some areas do link in to the National Curriculum. I was told by someone who was formally a Reception class teacher that I should be teaching 'Science' as 'knowledge and understanding the world- the world' every week as all EYFS areas are as important as one another and there should be some focused adult led teaching for every area, every week. Now- this seems like a lot. Is this the norm? I do have enhanced provision set up to meet all areas of the EYFS curriculum, with an objective we will cover for each area I have set up but she said this is not enough as it is too 'airy fairy'.

I am starting to use objective led planning but even having an objective to cover for all children within every area seems like I would be just constantly chasing my tail.

Could someone let me know how you manage this and what it this norm?

Thank you!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)