Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

snack time

trekker

just interested in anyone's thoughts on this....with toddlers / twos snack times (whether café style or whole group) do you have them sitting at the table for snacks or on the floor?....and what would be the pros / cons for choosing either.

we have them sitting at a table. I find it easier to manage and the children are getting in to good habits. It stops them wandering round with food (and therefore reduces the risk of choking) I find when we do have it picnic style we have a lot more spillages.

Always at a table. For some it’s perhaps the only time they sit to a table for food, so in my book it’s even more important. As finleysmaid has said, it cuts down on spills, mess and the risk of choking. I can think of no pros for having snack on the floor and only cons for being at a table.

always at the table -as said previously there are less spillages and you can make sure they won't choke and can keep a look out what they have eaten/drunk.

when we have picnics etc where food is eaten whilst sat on the floor we always have lots of spillages, children getting up and walking away whilst still eating so we are calling them back so isn't the relaxing social time it should be.

Tables for us too. Some of our children do not have a dining table and chairs so meals at home are eaten sitting on the floor or sofa. We feel it's a good and useful experience - learning social skill and making choices.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)