Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Welcome To The 'patterns' Sub-forum!

Steve

This sub-forum is intended to complement our topic article 'Patterns', which lists ideas and suggestions for activiites on the theme of patterns - including downloadable focus plans for each area of learning.

The idea is that you pop your own ideas into this resource bank, and take other peoples' ideas out, and use the article to stimulate those ideas.

Hope you find it useful! :)

Thanks Sue R, yet another great article, certainly reminded me of some forgotten ideas and plenty of new ones as well. :D

Thanks Steve for setting up these sub forums, I think that over time they will become a very useful resource for everyone. :D

Idea: just a thought, not tried it yet, as I am an avid fan of the digital camera, I shall take some photo's of items ( close-up) with distinctive patterns on them and see if the children can identify what it is ( have items available on the interest table) . I do know that the children are very good at taking these types of photo's, especially varied images of the floor xD ( but only by accident :o )

Peggy

We got our children to look at patterns in the outdoor environment and to take their own pictures. I was really impressed with the results :D (and it made a great display!)

We got our children to look at patterns in the outdoor environment and to take their own pictures. I was really impressed with the results :D (and it made a great display!)

We have rolling pin with patterns on to use on the dough table but they aren't very popular. The children prefer to get patterns on the dough by using objects in the room. It's my own fault because I encouraged one of the children to use my watch strap to get a pattern.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)