Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Brand new to tapestry!

​Hi everyone

​I am looking for a bit of direction!

We are a large setting with around 250 registered children. We are hoping to purchase tapestry after our trial.

​My questions are as follows, also sorry if there is an easy access to these questions but I am trying to steer the tapestry ship at work and learning from just giving it a go!!

​Please could someone let me know how you started the transition period between paper work and tapestry. How did you all start a baseline of development?

​Also is there a summary feature? We currently hand write a summary of each area to each child every 6months.

​Thank you in advance!

​Laura

Good morning Laura!

I'll look at your queries in turn if I may:

Please could someone let me know how you started the transition period between paper work and tapestry. How did you all start a baseline of development?
Most people take their final assessment from their paper journals and add this as a baseline assessment. You can use the baseline assessment function: Setting baseline
Some settings do a first observation on Tapestry which is like a resume of the child's development so far and might be along the lines of what a key person might say to parents at parent's evening e.g. "Billy is a very happy, sociable little boy who enjoys playing with cars with his best friend Jim. Billy is beginning to show some interest in using the toilet and tells us quickly when his nappy is wet or dirty". Staff then assess this piece in full and try to mark age/stage for the full EYFS.
​Also is there a summary feature? We currently hand write a summary of each area to each child every 6 months
Yes, on your snapshots tab you will see a 'summative assessment' box. This will show you the age/stage assessments for each child in that assessment period. If you want a written summary you can do this as a 'long observation' as you do now and the data you enter will filter into the summative screen.
Have a good look at the tutorials page as there are some clear explanations and step by step guides to help you. Tapestry tutorials