Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Stretched Offer

Stargrower

I'm quite confused about stretching funding...

If a child is eligible for 30 hours funding each week and, for example, they attend for 20 hours, can the parent claim more than 20 hours so that when the funding is stretched over the year, they are getting their 20 hours free all year?

I thought that the point of stretching the funding and the 30 hours offer was to help parents who work all year. If they can only stretch the amount of hours their child attends, there is no benefit to them, other than spreading the cost over the year, rather than paying during the holidays.

Please can someone enlighten me? Thank you! :1b

30 funded hours are for 38 weeks.

So parents who work full time can have their 30 hours stretched over 50 weeks. (Think different LAs mau do 51 weeks) I think works out at about 20 hours each week. Soz don't have calculator.

Your family therefore will get max of 20 ish hours.

Remember it is 30 hours for 38 weeks.

an easier way may be to remember that the entitlement for 15 hours equates to 570 hours maximum per year and 1140 hours per year for 30 hour eligible children - dividing this figure by the number of weeks you would wish to stretch over will give the weekly equivalent.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)