Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Big Conversation

FSFRebecca

The London branch of The Ofsted Big Conversation held their meeting this week. Unfortunately FSF were unable to attend but we are pleased to be able to link you to the minutes of the meeting here:

Ofsted Big Conversation

Gill Jones from Ofsted asked particularly for details from providers with the following issues:

• Providers who are being asked by inspectors about their 'conditions of registration'
  • Providers who are committee run who are having trouble with the time it takes to get clearance for new 'trustees'

Hopefully this dialogue will help providers find the answers to questions that are frustrating them!

• Like 1

The 2nd point is never ending, you just seem to finalise everything for a new committee and it's time to start again, it's an endless round of chasing them to do it and keeping on top of it, the dbs aren't usually the problem, it's the ey2s that take the time, I never understand the need for all members (agree officers) to be checked to a higher level than staff, we are expected to welcome parents into our settings with open arms yet the second they agree to be on the committee it all changes, dbs check or not, ey2 or not I (and I'm sure no one else) would ever give them access to children unsupervised.

PS totally agree with 'ban the pull-ups" :-D

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 2