Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

newsletter function

Hi,

Just wondering if there has been any progress on the newsletter function that was suggested as a possibilty a few months ago? We tried having a false child and adding all parents but we had complaints from parents that they could see each others names. Is this going to happen soon?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2017 at 15:56, womble said:

Any news on the newsletter function please? And yes we would love to trial it if the offer is still there. I forgot to answer your question on that sorry!

Hi Womble,

The feature is still in development, but I have added you to the list of people to contact when we have further announcements.

If any other users would like to be contacted about this, please reply as such to this thread, and we will review the thread when this is ready, or alternatively send an email to customer.service@eyfs.info.

Hi Womble 

We do already publish our newsletters using an alias child, but in the settings, we have set them so parents cannot see each other so works fine they all get the news but cannot see the other parent names? We also enter parents who like the news into a draw for 2 hrs free child care encourages them to read the newsletter and we can monitor how many are ? Reading it.

Chris 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I would love to be able to do this.  Currently we send home a paper newsletter but I would like to be able to put it on Tapestry as well.  Currently I add messages for all parents as observations for everyone (FS2 setting) which hasn't been an issue so far.  I wondered if it would be possible to have the option of uploading a PDF document in media as I could attach current newsletters for parents to read rather than copying and pasting? 

On 12/15/2017 at 14:35, Ashleigh7 said:

I would love to be able to do this.  Currently we send home a paper newsletter but I would like to be able to put it on Tapestry as well.  Currently I add messages for all parents as observations for everyone (FS2 setting) which hasn't been an issue so far.  I wondered if it would be possible to have the option of uploading a PDF document in media as I could attach current newsletters for parents to read rather than copying and pasting? 

Hi Ashleigh7,

Welcome to the forum!

We will update this thread with any news regarding sending newsletters through Tapestry to keep you informed.

Thanks for your suggestion about being able to add attachments, I will pass this along so this can be discussed with the rest of the team. :)

Best wishes,

Emily

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi 

I would also love to hear about this function, the PDF upload would be amazing as we are trying to get away from printing things out and as the majority of parents access Tapestry this would be a tool we would use a lot! 

Best wishes,

Jo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Of course. We did hit a bit of a snag with it which is why it isn't ready yet, but we haven't forgotten about it! 
I'll update you all by emailing you as well as posting here when it's released :).

Best wishes,
Lauren

• Like 1

This would be great, at the moment I send as an observation with a logo as photo to say what it is but of course they all end up in the child’s journal, I’ve now just created  2 chn, one called ‘policies’ and one called ‘news’, and added them to a parent to trial, I think it will work if I tell parents to only add ‘read’, it won’t all be in the journals and is ok whilst you have subscription places available.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

You could use our Documents feature that we added at the end of last year to upload newsletters and share these with parents. I've linked our tutorials below which will explain how to set up and use this feature. I hope it helps!

1. Setting up the Documents Feature
  2. How to use the Documents feature
  3. How to Delete Folders and Files from the Documents Feature

Best wishes,

Emily 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...