Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Baseline assessment in pre school

After two weeks we do a very rough snapshot assessment of children starting at pre-school, using the same grid as we do for all our reports, I've just tweeked and edited ones given to us by County for their transition reports and I feed this information into the Kent tracker as the Starting Point. All areas are noted, but depending upon age when they start, we are really only interested in the prime areas and PSED more than anything else. We describe a child as either entering or developing in any particular area, so they may be "E", entering, against the age range 22-36 months for PSED, Making Relationships. When we get to the next proper assessment period 12 weeks or so later we can see if there has been any movement or not, if they are doing really well and we have plenty of evidence, they could possibly go up to "D" for developing against that age range.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the forum :1b

The same as panders for us although I haven't mastered the 'Kent Tracker' - I currently use PRAMS - one of my summer TDL jobs is to research tapestry........

Does your LA have a pro forma that you could/should use?

Hi and welcome to the forum :1b

The same as panders for us although I haven't mastered the 'Kent Tracker' - I currently use PRAMS - one of my summer TDL jobs is to research tapestry........

Does your LA have a pro forma that you could/should use?

How far have you got with your exploration of Tapestry?!!

:ph34r: Hmmm.........haven't even started - maybe next week! :lol:

Dear Scott of the Antarctic, or should I say Sunnyday of the FSF! do remember to take enough provisions with you for your foray into Tapestryland. ::1a ::1a :P

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

:o What would you need - gin obviously .........anything else?

Gin - goes without saying, something deliciously scrunchy bit partial to M&S Paprika handmade crisps at the moment and a few cashew nuts, would make me incredibly adventurous and ready to scale the dizzying heights of Tapestryland.

• Like 1

Haha

Thanks I love M&S crisps and cashew nuts so I should fit right in.

We started using 'Your learning journals' last year but I have realised that once Ofsted inspectors get used to them it will be really easy to see, at the push of a button, what is not being done for each child as well as what is. I'm trying to put systems in place to show that we are individually planning for each child and measuring outcomes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Starter forum.doc

This is what we use. It is useful for those children who only attend on 1 or 2 sessions a week and those who struggle to settle well and we have struggled to get enough observations in the 3 prime areas to make a judgement on their level of development

We talk about how they are settling and any things that they particularly enjoy or are interested in.

Hope that helps.

korkycat

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)