Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Claims for funding

Just looked at paperwork from council about parents claiming for FEEE. Each claim form is now 5 pages long and has to be completed each term. It covers 2 year funding, 15 hours, 30 hours, EYPP and DAF eligibility all on one form and one page is all about data protection.

My printing costs are really going to rise, not to mention the time needed to guide each parent through the form.

Can see where the increase (?) in funding is going to go!

Also, how many other people have to copy and keep a copy of children's birth certificates?

In the past, I just looked at them and ticked a box to say I had checked them.

• Like 1

Would not copy and keep BC.

If you look in the Data Protection bumph you've been asked to give out, it probably says something like 'we only keep relevant paperwork' etc ...Well what is the relevance once you have seen the BC? I note the number down and return straightaway,

Would not copy and keep BC.

If you look in the Data Protection bumph you've been asked to give out, it probably says something like 'we only keep relevant paperwork' etc ...Well what is the relevance once you have seen the BC? I note the number down and return straightaway,

in Kent our new claim forms are covering a huge amount of info. We only have to tick a box to say we have seen evidence of dob and date we saw it and who saw it. I also record bc number or passpt number.

I intend only to print out what is required rather than all of it. Kent have a printed grid which once the main info is collected on it then subsequently each parent needs only to sign and date for the hours and days they will be wanting once per term.

Thankfully ours are only 2 pages and covers 30hr and eypp, though not overly keen on the days of the week boxes for attendance, it says discuss with setting but they'll all be thinking they can chop and change and add hours as they wish (it looks like back to termly) and what is with all the shaded coloured boxes, it's the same with everything we are emailed and expected to print and display for parents or certificates from training, all in beautiful technicolor, they might be saving money on ink but they're not giving any consideration to our printing costs :-(

• Like 1

Thankfully ours are only 2 pages and covers 30hr and eypp, though not overly keen on the days of the week boxes for attendance, it says discuss with setting but they'll all be thinking they can chop and change and add hours as they wish (it looks like back to termly) and what is with all the shaded coloured boxes, it's the same with everything we are emailed and expected to print and display for parents or certificates from training, all in beautiful technicolor, they might be saving money on ink but they're not giving any consideration to our printing costs :-(

I sooo agree I regularly have a moan about their colourful printing

• Like 2

Ours is 2 pages which covers every conceivable type of funding. We also have a multi page booklet which parents are suppose to have the opportunity to read about eligibility etc. They sign the claim form to say they understand and have seen. I think we have to copy and keep birth certificate until child leaves and then destroy - certificate that is, not child.

• Like 2

Oh my!! That is crazy , could you just print the pages parents need to fill in and email the appendices (they won't need them more than once) and how long is it going to take to scan and email all those BC's, I check our new children for DOB/Parental responsibility but have never even had to tick a box to say they've been seen before.......best go and investigate that :-/

I sooo agree I regularly have a moan about their colourful printing

I chucked an complete hissy fit and sent emails to many people (including the top person in our County) about colourful printing big, solid borders around every page etc. I did question how much these cost to produce in the first place when we (early years) were more than happy with a black and white word document.

It stopped. :lol:

• Like 4

I chucked an complete hissy fit and sent emails to many people (including the top person in our County) about colourful printing big, solid borders around every page etc. I did question how much these cost to produce in the first place when we (early years) were more than happy with a black and white word document.

It stopped. :lol:

Well done you.

Have just reread ours and even though the 3 year old one is 5 pages long the last page is an amendment sheet so if any changes are requested they only have to fill out this sheet and not all of it again. We are not required to take any copies of BC/Passport, just note down which one we have seen and sign it. We are always told that we do not need to keep any copies of BC/Passport on the premises (the same with DBS certificates - just take a note of the number). It astounds me that different LA's have different rules.

Ours is in colour as were the last ones that we had to complete and there wasn't any problem with having a master copy printed and the ones which were completed photocopied (so black and white). I'm sure I would be telling them to take a running jump if they wanted it in colour. It's like the safeguarding documents that were updated each year - they had to be printed on different coloured paper so they could see at a glance that we had the right one displayed. This soon changed to being allowed on white paper as providers complained that unless they were provided with the paper they weren't going to buy a ream of orange just for 20 sheets! That reminds me there is a new updated one to be printed.

• Like 2

Nor me wildflowers, we used to get some random answers when only having to add hrs per week and wonder how on earth they'd come up with that, or more often than not most of the form was left blank when they gave it back so I had to fill it in or it hadn't been turned over and signed :-/

• Like 1

Our forms have six wide strips in black on them, using up a lot of ink, so I changed those into boxes.

I don't understand why parents have to fill which days the child attends and not only the hours they claim funding.

We have always had to fill in the days attending as well as the hours. This is so when they audit they have an accurate record of any days off. It is also a legally binding document so if the parents put down that they want 3 hours on a Monday but never turn up you have the paperwork to back up your right to take away the space or for the LA to reclaim funding from you.

• Like 1

See, now I would question/argue that - on grounds of data protection. Do you have to actually send them somewhere or just keep them encase they want to see them?

We just keep them, attached to PSOU, in case of random audit. Very occasionally have to scan and send via secure portal should there be a discrepancy - me making a typo on headcount : (

Next audit, I shall question.....!!

Nor me wildflowers, we used to get some random answers when only having to add hrs per week and wonder how on earth they'd come up with that, or more often than not most of the form was left blank when they gave it back so I had to fill it in or it hadn't been turned over and signed :-/

I fill in the agreed days and hours of attendance and number of funded hours per day and in total, and parents sign.

I fill in the agreed days and hours of attendance and number of funded hours per day and in total, and parents sign.

I don't mind completing the hours so much as that can get a bit confusing but when they can't even be bothered to fill in their own address that really irks me....I feel like ranting at them "do you know how much this piece of paper is worth to you, well do you? And all you have to do is fill in a couple of boxes" and don't get me started about the ones who say you never gave them one at the 3rd time of asking if you can have it back gggrrrrr.... there has to be an easier way

• Like 4

Why do they need a record of days off?

We have to record reason for non-attendence as our LA do not allow us to claim funding for family holidays or days out or extended periods of sickness. We have to email them to get 'clarification' For any illness over a week. Another task that takes yet more admin time and paperwork.

So you have to return funding you have been paid?! What about staffing - even if a parent says that their child will be away the coming week, you can't just tell people that they have no work that week. They also have bills to pay. How are we supposed to run businesses or charities if we count on a certain income to cover fixed costs etc?

• Like 2

We have to record reason for non-attendence as our LA do not allow us to claim funding for family holidays or days out or extended periods of sickness. We have to email them to get 'clarification' For any illness over a week. Another task that takes yet more admin time and paperwork.

Dear goodness - if Kent introduced that I think it would 'tip me over the edge' :(

Hi Rebecca...it is something I've asked about before via a ticket so maybe not possible but when printing off group snapshots so MUCH of the paper is wasted with headings that the table often drops to 2nd page for just one or two children, does it really need to say who who printed it and the date, the period/cohort/gender could just be on one line not all underneath each other and I do like things to fit on one page, a word doc would let you loose what you don't want and make the text in tables a bit smaller so the refinement letter stays next to the band rather than dropping underneath....you did ask ;-p

Hi Mouseketeer,

We have actually already got adjusting the PDF exports of snapshots on our to do list. The developers are a bit tied up at the moment with some other features, but we will get to that in time :)

Unfortunately it probably won't be possible for you to export editable word documents, but hopefully the changes we make to the PDF will make it a little bit nicer and use the space more efficiently!

• Like 1