• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 melmo

melmo

New user

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

Having recently taken over a term time packaway preschool i have discovered the SEN work is being done on the SENCOs own laptop at work and at home. I am somewhat concerned about this from a safegaurding and security point of view and wondered what other peoples views on this are as I just feel this is very wrong. does anybody have a policy on working from home they could share.

#2 louby loo

louby loo

Landscape design and gardening consultancy!

• Full FSF Member
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

I haven't got a 'working at home polices' , but this is covered in our data protection policy.  We are also registered with the IC0 (or whatever its called)

The only person that uses a laptop for work purposes at home is me (manager) and I have strict controls in place at home too.

I have to use my own personal laptop (but hope to change that in the Autumn term) and at home no one and I me NO ONE is allowed to use it apart form me. When not in use it is put away and not left out in general view.

Any preschool  work is password protected at all times - and I take the lappy into work if someone else wants to type up official documents.  Sometimes staff will type up reports at home on their own laptops- but leave off all sensitive information give the child a different name and save to a stick - I then complete the details /change names etc.

• sunnyday and melmo like this

#3 sunnyday

sunnyday

• 7,622 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

Having recently taken over a term time packaway preschool i have discovered the SEN work is being done on the SENCOs own laptop at work and at home. I am somewhat concerned about this from a safegaurding and security point of view and wondered what other peoples views on this are as I just feel this is very wrong. does anybody have a policy on working from home they could share.

That's a tricky one - is she given time to complete this work during session times - do you have/does she need internet connection at your workplace?

Otherwise I agree with everything looby loo said.......

BE KIND TO OTHERS, FOR EACH OF US IS FIGHTING SOME KIND OF BATTLE

#4 MarshaD

MarshaD

Forum Inhabitant!

• Full FSF Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:04 AM

Hi. We're pack away too (until September yippee!). We have no internet, nor computer except my laptop and no time in the sessions. Therefore I have no choice but for key workers to use Tapestry or write targets / two year checks etc at home. I do 95% of my work at home and am SENCo. Unavoidable for us. We also are registered with ICO but I trust the staff to act appropriately.
  • sunnyday likes this

#5 melmo

melmo

New user

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

[quote name="louby loo" post="447029" timestamp="1500037325"]I haven't got a 'working at home polices' , but this is covered in our data protection policy.  We are also registered with the IC0 (or whatever its called)

The only person that uses a laptop for work purposes at home is me (manager) and I have strict controls in place at home too.

I have to use my own personal laptop (but hope to change that in the Autumn term) and at home no one and I me NO ONE is allowed to use it apart form me. When not in use it is put away and not left out in general view.

Any preschool  work is password protected at all times - and I take the lappy into work if someone else wants to type up official documents.  Sometimes staff will type up reports at home on their own laptops- but leave off all sensitive information give the child a different name and save to a stick - I then complete the details /change names etc.[/quote][quote name="louby loo" post="447029" timestamp="1500037325"]I haven't got a 'working at home polices' , but this is covered in our data protection policy.  We are also registered with the IC0 (or whatever its called)

Any preschool  work is password protected at all times - and I take the lappy into work if someone else wants to type up official documents.  Sometimes staff will type up reports at home on their own laptops- but leave off all sensitive information give the child a different name and save to a stick - I then complete the details /change names etc.[/quote

Louby loo could you upload a copy of your data protection policy for me to look at please
Thanks
  • louby loo likes this

#6 louby loo

louby loo

• Full FSF Member
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

I'm afraid I can't  as I don't actually have them on a hard-drive (the owner has them).

But I can tell you they are the PSLA ones - we just change it slightly to suit our setting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users