Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG)

We are delighted to announce an exciting new project for the Foundation Stage Forum! As announced in Nursery World today: "The All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Childcare and Early Education has gained the backing of the National Day Nurseries Association, CACHE and the Foundation Stage Forum as well as the Pre-school Learning Alliance. The cross-party group is being set up following a campaign led by Cheryl Hadland, founder of Tops Day Nurseries".

The APPG will work with MPs from across the political spectrum to raise the issues pertinent to our sector.

The FSF chose to be part of this group as we have almost 35000 members and many Local Authorities who are keen to have their voices heard. The FSF remains impartial and we will ensure that all views are shared!

Here at the FSF, we will be letting the APPG know what the current 'hot potatoes' are, we will see what these are from the activity on threads. There will be, in future, opportunity to discuss particular questions raised by the APPG and your responses will be fed back to MPs.

We think this is a fantastic opportunity for FSF members and we will keep you fully informed about our discussions and any action taken by MPs on your behalf. Action, in the first instance, will be questions raised in Parliament to the education ministers.

You can read the Nursery World article here: Nursery World

We're very excited and we're really looking forward to getting started, and the MPs are being selected at the moment (we have had to wait until all the Cabinet and Shadow Cabinet positions are filled before we know which MPs are available to us).

We'll keep you posted!......

• Like 4

I think this is great news, and alongside the other organisations should be able to capture the breadth of views, feelings, hot issues, celebrations, challenges etc across the whole sector.

let's hope we get MPS really passionate about early years!

Looking forward to hearing more as things develop.

• Like 2

What an amazing achievement ...well done to the whole team!

as I get a bit 'greyer' I have realised that politics is part of my job and I feel that we need to be heard. Community pre-schools appear to be particularly vulnerable at the moment...I heard from another colleague last week who after 30 years has been forced to close, with more support for marketing and finance I am sure she might have been able to continue and to serve her community for another decade or so....such a shame.

Any support for our industry will be most welcome...we have been overshadowed by the whole system for too long.

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)