Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Inspection/Chair

C1403

Hello All

I've got it in my head that we will be inspected soon. Last inspection was early 2015.

As the Committee Chair I am also the Nominated Person with Ofsted (I sent my EY2 but didn't have the suitable person interview)

What would be expected of me during an inspection.

Recruitment: I think we have covered. We have a Safer Recruitment Policy and have recently recruited so have got references, copies of necessary qualifications etc)

Safeguarding: I have recently reviewed the Policy. Understand the procedures etc

I have read all our policies etc so know to look to them if needed?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks

Edited by C1403

I think it would depend on the allegation firstly. If it was a serious child protection or safeguarding matter then our Policy requires it to be reported to our Local Authority Officer? We may need to inform Police/Ofsted.

Edited by C1403

Do you have a 2nd named person who can speak to ofsted ? I'm sure I read on here somewhere the other day you don't need to be committee to be nominated person now (will have a hunt for that), can't the chair and secretary authorise payments etc again this is where it falls down if the one of the 2 signatories gives up, don't forget to change the banking details if chair was on the mandate.

Think this response maybe to my other question about resigning as chair (sorry been a few, feel to move across)

There are four committee members that are named signatories on bank account.

I do not think we have a second named person for Ofsted

Thanks

Hi Rebecca

Yes there is a setting Manager and they take the lead in the event of an inspection. She is good at her job so I am not too concerned (perhaps not the most tidiest but she knows where everything is)

I've seen reports that the Committee Chair is required to meet with inspectors so just making sure I have all my 'ducks in a row'

Thanks

You should take a look at the inspection resources we have posted - I think you will find them very helpful: there are several articles about inspections which will help you envisage what you might need to do as Chair and help you support your manager in terms of the inspeciton day itself. You can attend the management meeting together - no problem with that. There is also an interesting thread about other settings' experiences of inspection. Celebrate your inspection

Hope these pointers help

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)