Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Calculating Points Progress?

My head teacher has asked me to calculate the points progress for each child in EYFS like they do with the KS1 and KS2 curriculum. I wondered if anyone else has been asked to do this and what they classed as 1 points progress? I am unsure how to adapt it to fit with the EYFS curriculum.

Any help or advise welcome!!

Hi Andrea,

For our tracking we split the DM bands down into Beginning, Developing and Secure and give each of these 'stages' a score, starting with 0 and going up to 22 for a secure exceeding child. We then can say if a child came in at secure 30-50 (DM point 14 on our scale) and they are now developing 40-60 (DM point 16) they have made two points progress this term. We expect the children to make 6 points progress over the Reception year. We've not perfected this system yet so we keep tweaking it, but this is what we have this year. We have also had Ofsted whilst using this system and they were happy with it that it showed the children's progress well.

Rosie

FS points.docx

Most schools have some kind of tracking system whih will calculate progress for them - what do you use for tracking? Also in the primary curriculum there are no "points" anymore with the shift to expected and mastery etc so curious what they are referring to!

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)