Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Changes to Policies and Procedures

C1403

Hello All

We have updated a couple of our polices, some are related to staff and some parents (fee policy).

How do your settings notify both regarding changes to policies. We update the polices on our website and I was going to put a notice on our noticeboard for parents directing them to our website should they wish to view any of our policies?

A hard copy is kept at the setting also.

Is this enough notification, one committee member suggested printing multiple copies but I am not sure that is necessary?

Thanks

C

Parents: I send to all via Tapestry asking them to comment 'read', display one copy on the notice board for a week, then put in parents policy file that they can access at all times.

Staff: I give them a copy of any policies relevant to them for their own files and then ask them to sign/date a record sheet to say they've had it.

Yep - same here...........wonder if anyone ever looks at them :blink: :lol:

Have large folder and put them all on website and email out to parents when updates are done to alert them - cannot say whether anyone has ever looked at them though !!!

I know for sure that I look at them with my deputy for first pass review and then all staff have to look at them whether they like it or not for final review/ratification.

Have known they who must not be named :ph34r: take a peek too :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all.

We put a notice on the board and our website.

I am also in the process of printing them all and putting in a folder.

Would you keep staff related ones separate to parent/statutory ones or all in the same file?

Edited by C1403

• 2 months later...

Sorry me again.

Do you ask parents to sign?

We are now reviewing the statutory policies such as safeguarding and health and safety.

I plan to ensure all staff sign but unsure with parents?

Thanks

We don't ask parents to sign when we update them. When parents enrol their children with us we provide the pols and procs folder for them to read during settling - so they will always see the most up to date version, they sign to say that this has happened. Then, when we update things we just put a note out and then if they want to re-read the policy they can.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)