Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A smile a day...

Froglet

It's been a bit of a tricky day and I was feeling a little like wallowing in mud instead of darting about a pond I think it's going to be a tricky week ahead so I'm going to try and think of something that made me smile each day. If anyone would like to join to help get us through the last couple of weeks before the holidays that would be lovely.

So my smiles for today...

I hung my washing on the line outside for the first time this year

Tesco had reduced their bunches of daffodils to 10p each (I can't seem to get bulbs to grow in my garden and I love daffodils)

The taste of freshly made kedgeree - I haven't eaten that in ages!

• Like 1

What a lovely idea - there is always something to smile about if you look hard enough :1b

I especially enjoyed visiting my mother-in-law this morning - we took her a lovely planted basket and she was thrilled with it! She is such a lovely lady - I often think that if I could have chosen my MIL I would have chosen her :1b

• Like 1

My middle son's Mother's Day card made me laugh out loud, he so often seems to find witty appropriate cards to his life/mine.

My youngest grandchild at tea, licked her finger and put it on the dusted icing sugar on top of the vicky sponge - her daddy told her not to do it again - and the look on her face as she did!

• Like 2

My yesterday smile moment. I had a lovely day yesterday with my daughter and her boyfriend. We went on a long walk with the dogs. Later she posted an old family group photo when she was about 6 months old. Cant believe it was 23 years ago. Oh the fashions and the hair!!! It made me smile and I confess, a little teary, but in a good way.

Edited by lsp
  • Like 1

This morning's big, big smile

One of my four year olds who is having such problems with constipation, e is taking lactulose and unfortunately most of his 'poos' end up in his pants - but not this morning :1b 2 x enormous 'poos in the loo' - I was thrilled, but far more importantly so was he :1b :1b :1b

• Like 4

Watching a little girl act out the skydive her dad did at the weekend.

One of ours had a go on the skydiving wind tube thing, apparently she was fantastic at it - not yet 4 years old!

Listening to a robin singing it's heart out in the tree outside the setting with 3 of our children who are rarely calm but wanted to see it because they could hear it.

• Like 1

:1b :1b :1b

Miles of smiles for me today!

Not sure that this will go down very well at all :ph34r: but I have broken up for Easter hols today........I know, I know - think I have miscalculated somewhere along the line - but hey ho! :rolleyes:

We finished with our traditional Easter Egg Hunt - cue lots of very excited children - we had loads of fun! :1b

Beautiful weather - a real 'sunnyday' here! :lol:

Some lovely cards and gifts from families - so kind of them and all very much appreciated :1b

Discussing animals at group time - each child speaking, in turn, about their animals at home.......one 3 yr old boy said "no I haven't got any animals, I have got a cat, is a cat an animal"? :blink: :lol: can see what we need to work on next term! :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Last day tomorrow for us, and we've got so ahead of ourselves today tomorrow is going to be a fun chilled day.

We are saving our egg hunt until the day we return 18th - thought we'd have an Easter Fun day then as it will all be fresh in their minds absolutely nothing to do with us forgetting to get extra eggs.

We did make chocolate nests today though.

• Like 1

Last day tomorrow for us, and we've got so ahead of ourselves today tomorrow is going to be a fun chilled day.

We are saving our egg hunt until the day we return 18th - thought we'd have an Easter Fun day then as it will all be fresh in their minds absolutely nothing to do with us forgetting to get extra eggs.

We did make chocolate nests today though.

There may be bargains to be had too!

• Like 1

Yes all seems rather odd the timings this year. I hear one of the local schools is having the Easter church service when they return from the holidays. We are having our egg hunt on Friday, we made nests today too. Blinking chocolate, I'm getting worse at melting it as I get older!! More to make on Thursday when the other children come in. Suppose we could have another egg hunt when we come back - or something similar.

Yes all seems rather odd the timings this year. I hear one of the local schools is having the Easter church service when they return from the holidays. We are having our egg hunt on Friday, we made nests today too. Blinking chocolate, I'm getting worse at melting it as I get older!! More to make on Thursday when the other children come in. Suppose we could have another egg hunt when we come back - or something similar.

I think the 'palm oil' makes it different ?

Crikey - don't break up here till 7th April!

Our LA will not fund after 31st March. I did consider looking into using one week of the Summer term early, then having a shorter break, and finishing early for summer...

However I decided that that all seemed to be like too much work looking into whether or not we could actually do that or not :lol: :lol:

Yes, I'm puzzled what happens to funding in that last week of term, to 7th April. Children become eligible from 1st April, so what happens to all the funding allocated for that first week of April?

I think the 'palm oil' makes it different ?

Ahh you maybe right - dear old Cadbury's never had problems before, always careful about how I do it, now it just never seems to melt and go glossy, just melts and remains a little stiff - like it's been overheated or water has touched it. :( I'm afraid it doesn't raise a smile- however, the children licking their spoons and the bowl did (so naughty I know and I had told them it's not like being at home when you can lick the bowl out - buy hey, it was done in a blink of an eye, What's a person to do?

• Like 2

My smiles for today were due to the fact that I have all but totally lost my voice which the children find very intriguing! One little girl was very concerned and every 10 minutes kept checking back in with me to find out if I "had found my voice yet?" And "why has it gone?"

Another two children would only speak back to me in the same whisper that I was able to talk to them.

We are off for our annual trip to see the lambs at a local farm tomorrow, transported in a land train behind a tractor! You can imagine the excitement. Always a fabulous morning, hopefully the rain will be gone by then.

• Like 4

The excitement on my class's face as they were testing different substances (jam, syrup, honey and washing up liquid) to find out which was the best glue for baby bear's broken chairs.

Facetime to wish my lovely nephew Happy 9th Birthday

Talking to my nearly 5 niece in the same call - I said something about when I was little and she asked "Was that when you were a child, in the olden days?"

The latter two lovely but a little tinged with sadness - granny and grandpa were there too and I wish I could have gone down to visit.

However my niece has got their Easter holiday sleepover at granny and grandpa's all planned... first we will go to the playground down the road, then we will have lunch at the pub then we will go on the playground at the pub!

PS Wish me lots of luck for tomorrow - I'm anticipating a tough day.

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 4

​May I suggest PVA ;) :lol:

Will definitely wish you luck for tomorrow - perhaps it will not be as bad as you expect......

Ah, but that was the problem - the bears didn't have any glue and there was no shop in the woods that sold glue. They wrote the class a letter asking for special help.

Oh, and thank you - I hope not.

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 1

Ah, but that was the problem - the bears didn't have any glue and there was no shop in the woods that sold glue. They wrote the class a letter asking for special help.

Oh, and thank you - I hope not.

Doh - yeah I guessed that - hence the wink :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1