Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Capital Fund Grants...

Littlemay

We have now had ours approved! the others in the area are still going ahead. The DfE have still not said why we was not accepted first time round but apparently they told our LA that as they have not spent all the money they can award other settings. Our area only got initial 2 out of 6 bids authorised now all 6 have been given the green light. Its a happy nightmare currently as we took the refusal on board and moved on putting in place plans for how to continue to make it work under not such good prospects, to now being swung in a complete 360. The extended dealing from DfE is end of November, however if we could not be ready by then the LA would go back to DfE and ask for an extension.

• Like 2

We too have just been told that our bid has now been accepted. Fantastic News! It felt a little surreal as I could find no reference in the media to the additional funding now being available - hence my last post! I am waiting for further information about time scales. My builder would still like to get the units in place during the summer holidays but I don't know if we will be able to get the planning permission through in time. Lots to do!

• Like 3

We have now been approved as well! I was a bit hesitant to post as we have been told it's confidential until the DfE makes a public announcement but so glad to hear that there are others who have been approved as well. Congratulations!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Foreveryoung - there should be prices on your local council website - ours charge depending on how many sacks you want/need and we did get a discount when we were a charity - we pay £15 a quarter for 1 sack/ week for 38 weeks, although now there is no recycling bins near work we need more now - unfortunately our local council don't collect recycling for businesses

• Like 1

I think we pay about £60 for 25 sacks. Our council does now do recycling sacks which are cheaper (can't remember how much). We have a weekly collection. It's still cheaper for us than having bins.

• Like 1

For those who are starting a new setting with the 30 hours grant, how are you intending to manage admissions? Will you only be offering places to 30 hour families or will you accept 15 hours? How about 2 year olds? The funding agreement states that the grant has to be used to provide 30 hours places however looking at business sustainability, it would be crazy to be turning away 15 hours families...anyone got any thoughts or advice?

We are going from part days to new premises, full days term time only. I have 2 rooms 2-3 and 3-5, universal, extended funding and private care all accepted. I put up to 28 FTE places on bid, I will not be refusing 15 hr places or paid in case an extended funded child comes through. First come first served for us.

Heard from LA too other day, meeting with them after Easter break providing timeframe reports to draw down money as it's needed. Sounded positive process and they are currently working on getting agreement.

Thanks Foreveryoung, that makes total sense. I am mainly concerned as we are a new setting in a brand new catchment so no existing admissions policy to start from. I can't see that the DfE would be encouraging us to turn down 15 hours children in order to hold a place in case a 30 hours child comes along next term but it's all a bit daunting, I don't know where we stand with offering 2 year old funded places as well. Our application was based on creating 26 FTE places for 30 hours so I'm not sure what flexibility is built in to ensure the business is sustainable. All things I need to clear up with the LA. We too have been told we should get a meeting soon after Easter bank holiday to get the process moving.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)