Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Disappointed

Fredbear

Just heard that our LA will not be subscribing to this wonderful forum of like minded people this year.

But your not getting rid of me that easily. A sign of the times I suppose with all the cuts being made.

Have a great day everyone.

Oh no............. I think you're in the same as me! :o Then I clicked on the 'local authority' section and there was nothing there- it was there the other day!!!

I shall pay, as I find the info on here invaluable. How did you find out? I need to check my email is correct for here now :unsure:

Gutted.... just down further searching/looking and yes our LA has stopped too.... :(:(

Admin- I just checked my profile/setting, and noticed I hadn't changed my email details :o I've changed it now but would it be possible to resend any information about what I need to do next please ?

Gutted.... just down further searching/looking and yes our LA has stopped too.... :(:(

Admin- I just checked my profile/setting, and noticed I hadn't changed my email details :o I've changed it now but would it be possible to resend any information about what I need to do next please ?

Just looking now... my Admin friend is investigating!

• Like 1

I would say to renew.................or to join if you've always had the luxury of a LEA subscription. Such good value for money; it's been a life- saver for me on many occasions. And there's always someone who has been there done that before you and can help with advice and /or resources. Pay up ladies and gents..............worth every single penny :)

• Like 5

To be honest last yr was the first year our county joined and I was expecting a lot more, I think only 5 members have posted or replied to anything on it and any legislation is on the main forum way before it's ever posted on the county one, was quite disappointed really :-(

I would say to renew.................or to join if you've always had the luxury of a LEA subscription. Such good value for money; it's been a life- saver for me on many occasions. And there's always someone who has been there done that before you and can help with advice and /or resources. Pay up ladies and gents..............worth every single penny :)

Absolutely - this forum has been an absolute lifeline for me - if Kent decide to 'drop out' I will happily pay for the brilliant and always up-to-date support provided

• Like 4

Shocked, LA's are not renewing. Enough is enough with the constant squeeze!!! Why can't they afford it? They are after all taking a slice off our funding!!!

To be fair ours has raised our rate from £3.82 to 4.12 - which is more generous than a lot of other LAs.

So I suppose I could put the subscription through work.

Although I agree it is a sad loss, however that said I was always surprised that many settings didn't use the free subscription as it was great to be able to connect with others in your LA.

I'm not at all surprised to be honest. When they are looking at cuts across the board my guess is that the thinking is 'if you want it, then pay for it yourself'.......times are tough. I don't think my LEA has ever paid for it ( though they did do the Graduate page for a while).............but it's hard for them to justify the cost of groups and settings don't use it enough. Well, I CAN justify the cost for myself and my setting.

Just heard that our LA will not be subscribing to this wonderful forum of like minded people this year.

But your not getting rid of me that easily. A sign of the times I suppose with all the cuts being made.

Have a great day everyone.

Fredbear I know this is little consolation but I have been dealing on and off over the last 10 years with the same person although her job title and role changes every few years and she gets moved around from department to department.....and when she contacted me to tell me the news she was really disappointed too. She said that the membership had not been given up lightly and the team at the LA seem genuinely sad not to be renewing :( :( :(

As you say sign of the times but sad nevertheless :(

• Like 2

Hi Rebecca will I get an email to allow me to renew individually.

Fx

Hi

Yes, one month before your FSF membership expires you will be sent an email telling you we have prepared an invoice for your membership. If you wish to stay then just follow the link and pay.

If you decide you don't want to then just ignore the email and eventually your subscription will expire and you will then find you cannot post and there will be areas of the forum and resources you can no longer access.

The price of the FSF annual subscription remains at £20 plus vat so £24 in total....cheaper than many magazine subscriptions and we would miss you lots ::1a ::1a ::1a

• Like 2

Just got the e-mail .....Leicestershire are not renewing and it will cost us another £20 for Tapestry! Is there any loop hole where we could charge parents for Tapestry? The squeeze just keeps coming!

How do you subscribe individually please, for those that do?

Just got the e-mail .....Leicestershire are not renewing and it will cost us another £20 for Tapestry! Is there any loop hole where we could charge parents for Tapestry?

Worth asking your LA - I'm sort of thinking that you might be able to.......

• Like 1