Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Prevent Duty query

A dad introduced us to his father in law today explaining that the fil will be collecting his child as dad would be going to India for 3 possibly 4 weeks. The deputy has told me I have too ask him about his travel plans; when he is going, how long for, why he's going and contact details of people he would be seeing. None of his children will be travelling him. She insists these are questions we now have to ask in accordance with Prevent Duty guidance. I know a school in Birmingham has spoken about introducing similar questions on forms for term time holidays but I didn't think it was statutory and I don't remember seeing it in the guidance either.

For me I don't recall this coming under in isolation as being an issue in my prevent training, if it was part of wider concerns then yes maybe but as a stand alone thing no. I have had a number of families or just one parent of a family visit other countries for this length of time and I wouldn't have asked anything under prevent.

so if a parent was goingb to Greece for 3 weeks would you do the same...or Russia..or Africa???? Do you have ANY concerns that there are signs to be concerned about?? Blimey if I did this for all my parents I would be seriously concerned ...and many of mine come from more problematic countries!

Exactly, our parents are a wonderful mix of nationalities and ethnicity many off whom travel abroad to visit family or business on a regular basis. There are no signs which raise concerns for any of them.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)