Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Finished!

larnielass

Only just read this thread and on a gloomy, wet and miserable morning and after a bad nights sleep, you have all certainly brought a smile to my face! (Is the above brought correct? It's not the bought one is it?) gone blank and having a senior moment on the spelling of it!

brought as in bring,

bought as in buy you mean?

Good afternoon all

I have had a chance to read through this thread and I would like to clarify a few points:

Please Miss, can I mention pancakes yet?

Yes this is perfectly acceptable as it is Pancake Day next week

Please, can I keep up with these practices? (am now also pondering other puddings - pumpkin pie, panettone) is there a definitive list of which may be considered celebratory in a festival related sense? Please reassure me or I may also need to sit on the naughty step. Due to numbers of puddings though I may need my own step

There is nothing in the FSF guidelines relating to use of the word pudding and I when checking the fine print I see the guidelines do not prohibit the eating of puddings either so feel free to eat pancakes and any other puddings as and when you wish. Although Pancakes can be consumed as a pudding at any time the Mention of actual 'Pancake Day' should be restricted and not used more than 4 weeks prior to the event. The powers that be here suggest there is no need to buy jif lemons in readiness for Pancake Day 2018, 2019 etc as we have had no indication that there will be a lemon shortage....good job you don't use courgette juice!

I do sail close to the wind on occasions Sue, but I would never breach regulations, but would happily join Cait and Sunny on the step, just to keep them in order!

I think it very brave of you to take on the responsibility to try and keep those 2 in order :P :P

I think we can say 'Birthday' without any problem as they happen 365 days a year

The use of the word birthday is not prohibited and can be used freely without fear of reprimand

I would dearly love to think that the Pudding Club may continue with it's usual rites and dare I say it rituals

Pudding Club / Rites / Rituals have all been cleared for use.

However, anyone referring to 'C' rituals before the 24th December may find themselves in breech of the rules and regulations surrounding the use of the 'C' word

I thank you all for your cooperation with these clearly laid out guidelines (that are in my head and so get a bit muddled) and trust I will not have to send anyone else to the naughty step this week.

I will be away from my desk for a few days after today but please do not take that as permission to bandy around words that you know are forbidden :P :P :P :P :P

Yours sincerely

Sue

FSF Admin / Head Of Prohibited Words Department

• Like 7

Crikey. 24th December this year? It was generally 20th, wasn't it? You are really clamping down!

However, now we are over halfway through the year, can we talk about s****r holidays now? Just for TDL planning, obviously.

• Like 3

Crikey. 24th December this year? It was generally 20th, wasn't it? You are really clamping down!

However, now we are over halfway through the year, can we talk about s****r holidays now? Just for TDL planning, obviously.

:o Cait you secretly want to be on that naughty step don't you :lol:

• Like 2

'Senior holidays' ? I do feel that we may be excluding some of our younger members if we talk about this - especially as we're liable to forget we've done it and repeat ourselves. Edited by Froglet
  • Like 3

Dear all

I would just like to say how delighted I am with you all. I know for some of you this behavior must have taken a very large amount of restraint (you know who you are) and so gold stars all round. These are just stars coloured gold, not to be confused with festive stars which can only be used in December.

I would like to just address a couple of points though:

We have found in the past the members have had trouble sticking to the 20th of December rule hence the need to tighten up this year. We will review this in January 2018 and if....and that's a big IF there has not been a blatant disregard to the rules and the 'C' word has not been overused then we may be able to revert to the 20th December for 2018.

However, now we are over halfway through the year, can we talk about s****r holidays now?

You may discuss Summer or Senior holidays as you wish.

Should we be adhering to ratios for the naughty step?

I have consulted the Geneva Convention for Human Rights and it appears I can cram as many people on the naughty step as is necessary.... "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime" as my old granny used to say!

Please keep up your good work.

Very impressed,

Sue

Naughty Step Controller

• Like 5

Pshaw! Is all I can say about that! What about the inappropriate balaclava usage? The leaping about when we were all trying to get on with our TDL because you wanted a different colour crayon, then a sharper crayon then a new set of crayons and sharpener from Staples? I could go on ....

Mind you, the panda wasn't exactly innocent either, was she ........... Hmmmmm. That last bout of hiccups for example .....

• Like 1

Pshaw! Is all I can say about that! What about the inappropriate balaclava usage? The leaping about when we were all trying to get on with our TDL because you wanted a different colour crayon, then a sharper crayon then a new set of crayons and sharpener from Staples? I could go on ....

Mind you, the panda wasn't exactly innocent either, was she ........... Hmmmmm. That last bout of hiccups for example .....

What exactly has she been doing with my balaclava?!

Shhhhhhh - that was all in the past I am now a reformed character :rolleyes:

Oh and balaclava abuse is an extremely serious allegation.........