Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's not just us ....

FSFRebecca

This is about right, if we were all paid for the hours of printing, cutting, laminating, decorating we would be off into the sunset on our jet planes :-(

post-7120-0-83780700-1487344215.jpg

Totally agree sunnyday, I'm not saying don't give working parents a helping hand with costs but this an extravagant gesture

• Like 4

Example:

So Mum and Dad work. One works 40hrs. One works 6 hours - both eligible for 30hrs.

Child entitled to 30hrs in nursery! Yay!

6 hour parent could possibly be spending tax payers money (24hrs worth) in the Gym!!! Nice work! We are now a crèche!

Extravagant gesture?? Your not kidding!!

• Like 2

well, here's another cost-cutting idea....................scrap the universal free school meals and go back to giving them to families in need. I am constantly amazed at the idea that parents can't feed their children, but CAN afford several foreign holidays a year (certainly where I am, this is absolutely true). It's just plain wrong in my opinion

• Like 7

Couldn't agree more Narnia! It is crazy to throw money away on parents that really don't need it instead of focusing on those that do! Who knows, if they did away with the universal free school meals and scrapped the 30 hours funding, there might even be enough in the pot to actually run children's services properly instead of trying to stretch them so thinly that they are neither use nor ornament in a lot of cases!

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)