Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yay! It's half-term!

sunnyday

I must qualify that with apologies to those who don't have a break :(

But for those that do - Happy half-term - as Cait reminded us on another thread - this marks the halfway point in the school year - wow how did that happen?

Has anyone got any exciting plans?

Of course I have the jolly old TDL - but not too long/bad (unless I go mad and decide to update my SEF :ph34r: most unlikely :lol: ), also have a couple of lunch dates with friends, shopping for all the stationery that I need for the new term, a trip to the hairdresser and I plan to spend some lots of time reading (for pleasure as opposed to work)

Enjoy! :1b

• Like 5

I'm thinking I might just sleep.. :lol: :lol:

I seem to have had anything and everything going since just before Christmas - I even had to have a couple of days of work!!!!

Only just feeling like normal now- so I'm going to have a chilled out week. :1b

Snap. Me to Louby loo. Got quite a big TDL to get through but hoping to do that in a couple of days then chill.

• Like 1

My plans mostly just involve pottering at home and working on the inevitable TDL. Really trying to have a few things on there being things around the house that need doing. I went in to town yesterday and got my hair cut as well as totally failing to buy any clothes which was my other aim! Today I'm being domesticated and trying to restore my house to some kind of order. If I get that fair I might bake some bread or scones (or both!). I'd like to cook something delicious for tea but I don't know what I'm in the mood for!

Are you making cheese scones young froglet?

I only ask because I might have to pop up for one if they are cheesy :rolleyes:

My half-term has got off to a great start - yesterday (despite the snow) met with friends for lunch - today am off to town for some stationery shopping and this evening we have been invited to dinner with oldest son, daughter-in-law and two of our grandchildren :1b

Are you making cheese scones young froglet?

I only ask because I might have to pop up for one if they are cheesy :rolleyes:

My half-term has got off to a great start - yesterday (despite the snow) met with friends for lunch - today am off to town for some stationery shopping and this evening we have been invited to dinner with oldest son, daughter-in-law and two of our grandchildren :1b

I was thinking of ordinary ones with jam although now you have me thinking of leek and potato soup with cheese scones! Glad you're having a good time.

• Like 1

I was thinking of ordinary ones with jam although now you have me thinking of leek and potato soup with cheese scones! Glad you're having a good time.

Just to keep you updated... in the interests of decluttering my baking cupboard I have made chocolate and hazelnut brownies instead. There may be blackberry and apple crumble with a coconut crumble topping later...

• Like 5

Do they let you use next terms funding for the extra week? Ours has to stop on the 31st March, we actually finish on the 29th.

It's worked on so many hours per term, so it's not tapping into a new terms funding at all. Although I'm not quite sure how they are going to reconcile the funding for those children whose entitlement should start on 1st April, as we don't break up for Easter until 7th April.

• Like 1

I did a full day of school work yesterday and have worked all morning today. I could no longer resist and there is a bowl of bread dough rising in the corner. It should be out the oven at about 4pm if anyone wants to join me!

not sure where you are froglet - i am on the south coast ,hampshire-is it far from me?

On my way!

Enough with all the working though - are you going to get some time for a rest?

Needs must! I have a student who is lovely but the paperwork and many meetings mean I'm very far behind. I'm hoping that today will be it for work - if only because my book group meets tomorrow and I still have 300 pages of the book to go!

I'm making jam roly poly for my husband tonight, with extra custard

That sounds like some kind of special code to me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I'm off for bread (thanks Froglet), not sure about the 'roly-poly' malarkey so I shall give that a miss tonight! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm busy sewing 'mermaids' for local dance show.... and seem to have picked up a head cold. :wacko: :angry: