Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

30 hour funding and how to offer it.

pickles37

so if you were getting the full amount....based on a group of 30 you are going to be down nearly £500 per week.(I have NO idea how many children you take ;) ) so in theory you are making a contribution to your LEA of nearly 10k to the lea based on these amounts...and that's just from you...how many other settings in your neighbourhood! :angry:

Finsleymaid you are a mathmetician!!! You shld be in charge not the dfe that obv cant count!! Wonder if they have GCSEs......

we will receive £4.14p from £4.30. There will be no supplements for quality or flexibilty

Thats not bad though when you look at the grand scale! It seems however that by 2018 the lea have to give over more so I guess some councils are keeping what they can for now.

Hi Keyup, we just found out a couple of weeks ago that our county had been invited to be an early implementer from April .... :wacko: :angry:

We await with bated breath how this goes.......... I havent had any feedback yet from the pilot schemes have you?

• Like 1

So looking at what we have had historically in terms of parents paying for 5 days a week for whatever reason I am thinking of offering 5 x 30 hour places. Thing is if I offer too many then there wont be any space for the starters throughout the rest of the year, doesnt seem fair on those parents that cut back in order to care for their child themselves whilst having a good mix of nursery/preschool and home. Maybe its me but the message of 30 hours is wrong for me, I would rather they give the money to a parent and make them stay home to care for their child, How can a govt advocate parents as best teachers and yet tell them to work all week?

Ah I dunno..........shakes head........reaches for wine.......

• Like 3

so if you were getting the full amount....based on a group of 30 you are going to be down nearly £500 per week.(I have NO idea how many children you take ;) ) so in theory you are making a contribution to your LEA of nearly 10k to the lea based on these amounts...and that's just from you...how many other settings in your neighbourhood! :angry:

You are really not helping feel any better about this fm ;) :lol:

• Like 1

Finsleymaid you are a mathmetician!!! You shld be in charge not the dfe that obv cant count!! Wonder if they have GCSEs......

I hated maths at school but I like angry maths! :rolleyes: ::1a ::1a our contribution would be 18k on all 30 places at 30 hours.....18k REALLY! :angry:

• Like 2

Now thinking about where and how we can cut back on our costs. I am sure this is a question that has been asked before - snack - is it a requirement to provide snack or a snack time and does anyone know where this is detailed? Considering charging or not doing it at all! Milk and water only.

Most of our children are 15 hour funded only. I think we may have 3 children that could be entitled to 30 hours.

Edited by lsp

Now thinking about where and how we can cut back on our costs. I am sure this is a question that has been asked before - snack - is it a requirement to provide snack or a snack time and does anyone know where this is detailed? Considering charging or not doing it at all! Milk and water only.

Most of our children are 15 hour funded only. I think we may have 3 children that could be entitled to 30 hours.

A nice little website with some good info including what you mentioned above:

http://www.childcareworks.co.uk/resources

My LA's directory specifically states that we are not allowed to charge for snack, uniform or registration fees. We can ask for a 'reasonable' charge for extras i.e music provision or a language class. But parents shouldn't be excluded if they can't pay. Also, anything like cooking that can be provided by a practitioner should not be charged for. We can charge for nappies but things like wipes, soap etc must be readily available and they must be given the option of providing their own. We are allowed to ask for a voluntary contribution but again this should not be a condition.

The only thing we ask for is a voluntary contribution of £10 per half term and I'm not sure who pays this. I think all the funded children will possibly pay but not the fee paying parents.

Is there going to be a new directory issued if people are saying that you are going to be able to charge for items?

My LA's directory specifically states that we are not allowed to charge for snack, uniform or registration fees. We can ask for a 'reasonable' charge for extras i.e music provision or a language class. But parents shouldn't be excluded if they can't pay. Also, anything like cooking that can be provided by a practitioner should not be charged for. We can charge for nappies but things like wipes, soap etc must be readily available and they must be given the option of providing their own. We are allowed to ask for a voluntary contribution but again this should not be a condition.

The only thing we ask for is a voluntary contribution of £10 per half term and I'm not sure who pays this. I think all the funded children will possibly pay but not the fee paying parents.

Is there going to be a new directory issued if people are saying that you are going to be able to charge for items?

I think this info will change...the funding info specifically says that the funding should not be used for food (I'm including snacks in this and cooking!)

Maybe send the info from the mp (dineage) who was encouraging us all to charge for extras to your LEA????

I am reading this thread with great interest - I'm still not sure what to do myself...

JJA , or anyone else! - forgive me if I'm being dense, how have you worked out your 22.25 hrs rather than 30?

Only just seen this question - sorry! The total number of hours at the mo' is 570 which works out as the quoted 'free 15 hours a week' if you're only open term time (570 divided by 38 weeks.) But if you're open 51 weeks like we are then 570 works out as 11hrs per week. So on the new 30 hours, that's 1,140 per year so 30 a week over 38 weeks, or 22.25 over 51 weeks.

J

Telephone enquiry today re a place for September........

"So will you be offering the new 30 hours"

Explained that I would not be doing so and asked if that would change her decision to start her little boy with us........

"Oh no, not at all"

Yay!

Interestingly none of my existing families have even asked - mind you most (not all) are 'Stay at home mums' so it wouldn't apply to them

• Like 2

We will get the same amount of funding as for the 15 hours free so no increase for offering it. In a way we currently offer it as parents pay for the additional hours.....we are a playgroup and what we chargeis the same as our funding....we need a betterrate to make this work.......

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)