Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Whatever happened to.........

sunnyday

Lol ....I seem to have spent the week saying "have you got anything under that top"? As they turn up in flimsy long sleeved t-shirts and no jumpers :-/

Absolutely - I have just written a note to all parents about this..........oh and about arriving on time - it's quite a 'naggy' letter actually :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

Lol ....I seem to have spent the week saying "have you got anything under that top"? As they turn up in flimsy long sleeved t-shirts and no jumpers :-/

Oh and never mind 'long sleeved t-shirts - I had one today in a short sleeved t-shirt :o and nothing else no vest, no cardi or jumper brrrrrr

Actually, we don't generally do too badly on that front, but have one boy at the moment who is very tall for his age, wears nappies and tracksuit bottoms, and when we go outside, his jacket is a little too short and rides up his body exposing his midriff which gets quite chilly!

All our dressing up clothes are big enough to go over clothes, but you can bet the girls ask to strip down to wear a princess outfit with floaty sleeves, which don't float with a cardi on.

• Like 2

Yes they do seem to be a thing of the past, I actually think we only have a couple of children who wear vests. It's the lack of spare clothes that is driving me INSANE at the moment. We either have children who practically have a suitcase of spare clothes on their peg or nothing at all. Or even worse a great big back pack filled with nothing but their drawings, paintings or letters home!!

• Like 3

Agree with all the above. Vests - is it an age thing? You don't even seem to see the bodysuit popper vests on the younger children who are in nappies. Back in the day, when our children were young .......

It seems no one wears those flippin popper vests until they are toilet training gggrrrr

• Like 5

Oh Rea that's priceless :lol:

True! She's been lifting the hem of his shirt since we were 16, to see if he's wearing anything underneath.

'Oh my god, you'll freeze, you'll have arthritis when you're old, you watch'. Word for word. ☺☺☺

• Like 2

Love my M&S long sleeved thermal vests! Oooop north you see, we need these things - sewn into them in September and allowed out in May when we can finally 'cast our clout'! Haha

Edit to say, yes, it's generally agreed it's the May blossom that the rhyme refers to

Edited by Cait
  • Like 2

Love my M&S long sleeved thermal vests! Oooop north you see, we need these things - sewn into them in September and allowed out in May when we can finally 'cast our clout'! Haha

Think Cait, my lovely, that it has been colder 'darn souf' than 'oooop norf' this past week :(

As you know I don't do cold :lol:

• Like 2

I have a little boy who likes dressing up as policeman. I tried the old joke

What did the policeman say to

the tummy button?

You're under a vest.

little boy asked what's a vest?

Well there you go more evidence that vests for little ones are a thing of the past.

• Like 2