30 replies to this topic

#1 Rebecca

Rebecca

FSF Content editor

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:08 PM

We thought that Tapestry Pioneers would be a way for Tapestry users to support and collaborate with other settings in their area. We imagine that there are a number of reasons why a setting might want to visit a pioneer setting; you might be thinking about getting Tapestry for your setting or you might just be interested in seeing how other settings are using it.

We see these demonstrations as being done on a voluntary basis, but if you offer the settings who visit you any additional charged-for training, we don’t have a problem with it. We will not however, be endorsing you for that purpose or be helping to arrange it.  

By signing up to be a Tapestry Pioneer you aren’t committing to see every setting that is interested. We will contact you with details of people in your area who would like to visit you so that you have an opportunity to say no if it’s not a good time for you or if you’re a nursery and the people who are looking for some support are a direct competitor. 

We will be creating a safeguarding document which will be available here shortly with information about the sorts of things you might want to think about before allowing other practitioners to look at your Tapestry account.

There are a few criteria that you will need to meet in order to become a Pioneer Setting. These are:
- You have been judged as at least 'Good' in your most recent inspection under the current framework.
- You have used Tapestry for at least 1 full year.
- You have a current Tapestry account.

If you are interested in signing up or have any questions, please comment below. We will answer questions as a reply on this forum and contact you directly if you’re interested in signing up. 

• Carol likes this

Rebecca

FSF Content editor fsflogo.png

#2 purplewednesday1

purplewednesday1

Forum Inhabitant!

• Full FSF Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:11 PM

I've been using Tapestry at my Nursery for nearly a year. We've got Outstanding at our last two inspections. I'm happy to be put on your list. I'm in East Sussex. 

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:50 PM

Hi ,I am in Southampton and have already set up a Tapestry support group for local preschools,nurseries and childminders so I would love to help be a pioneer !!

I have been using Tapestry for 1.5 years and have been rated consistently Good for the past 2 inspections and hoping for the higher if not the same next time.

#4 Rebecca

Rebecca

FSF Content editor

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:02 PM

Hi ,I am in Southampton and have already set up a Tapestry support group for local preschools,nurseries and childminders so I would love to help be a pioneer !!

I have been using Tapestry for 1.5 years and have been rated consistently Good for the past 2 inspections and hoping for the higher if not the same next time.

Please log using your FSF account, rather than as a guest, so that we can verify your details.

Rebecca

#5 jodavage

jodavage

New user

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:59 PM

Hello I am in Totton Southampton and run a fb group for local childminder which we also cover Tapestry. I would love to help be a pioneer

I have been using Tapestry for 2 years and have been rated consistently Good for the past 2 inspections
Regards
Jo

#6 Cheryl_Herrick

Cheryl_Herrick

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:11 PM

Hi

Im based in ilminster Somerset and have been using Tapestry since September 2015.

We were committee led Pre School rated Good but now led by the Outstanding rated school since January 2016.

I've supported three other settings in the area with setting up Tapestry and also Childminders.

Tapestry has changed our practice for the better and love to spread the programme.

regards

Cheryl

#7 Carol

Carol

Early Years Manager

• Full FSF Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:30 PM

Hi
I have sent an email about joining the scheme, we were graded Outstanding last year, have been using Talestry for over a year and are using the new version. I am based in Gloucestershire,

Carol
If all else fails ......... take a deep breath and count to 10 very slowly.

#8 CAPS

CAPS

New user

• Full FSF Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

Happy to join the scheme, we have been using Tapestry for over 3 years. Rated Good. We are in Oxfordshire.

#9 Lauren

Lauren

Feet firmly under the table!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:57 PM

Thank you all for getting in touch so quickly! Hopefully you've all heard back from us now (it should come through as an email). Do check your spam folder if not though  :1b .

• Carol likes this

Best wishes,

Lauren

#10 karen0558

karen0558

New user

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:00 PM

We love Tapestry and have been using since it was first launched, we'd love to be a Pioneer Setting.

#11 Heidi_Bailey

Heidi_Bailey

New user

• Full FSF Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:20 PM

We too would be happy to be a 'pioneer' and have been using Tapestry since last September, however our setting is also in Gloucestershire so not sure if you want two in the same area?..

Heidi

#12 Rebecca

Rebecca

FSF Content editor

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

We too would be happy to be a 'pioneer' and have been using Tapestry since last September, however our setting is also in Gloucestershire so not sure if you want two in the same area?..

Heidi

We want lots in all areas - different types of settings too. 

Rebecca

#13 louise1973

louise1973

Settling in nicely!

• Full FSF Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:13 PM

We would be interested in being Tapestry Pioneers, I too work in Gloucestershire but have been using Tapestry for 4 years now across Early Years, KS1 and KS2. We were graded good by ofsted 18months ago.

#14 melanie1

melanie1

Melanie 1 `

• Full FSF Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:49 AM

Hi Rebecca

Yes me and my team, would also be interested in becoming 'pioneers' . We are in Hertfordshire and meet the crteria

#15 deputydee

deputydee

New user

• Full FSF Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:49 PM

Hello, 

We are FS unit in York who have been using Tapestry since Sept 2015. Our 'Challenge Partner' has recommended us to other local settings for our use of Tapestry so we would love to be Tapestry Pioneers and share further afield! 

#16 stmartinsschool

stmartinsschool

• Full FSF Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:28 PM

Hello,

I have been using Tapestry, with my team,  for over 2 years now and would like to be considered to be a Tapestry Pioneer.  We are based in Shropshire and our EYFS was awarded good earlier this year.

#17 Lauren

Lauren

Feet firmly under the table!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:54 AM

Thanks, I've just sent you an email about it too, karen0558, Heidi_Bailey, louise1973, melanie1, deputydee, and stmartinsschool.

Best wishes,

Lauren

#18 Breathoffreshair

Breathoffreshair

• Full FSF Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:48 PM

We are based in West Somerset and would love to be a pioneer setting. We have been using Tapestry for almost 2 years and have provided support to local settings. We have been graded Outstanding in our last 3 Ofsted inspections.

#19 sawe

sawe

New user

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:53 PM

Hi there, we are in Cornwall and have been using Tapestry for a couple of years now & would be interested in becoming a pioneer setting.
My email address is (hidden)
Thank you

Edited by mattkelly, 22 November 2016 - 02:37 PM.
Removed email address

#20 Emily

Emily

Settling in nicely!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:33 AM

Thanks Breathoffreshair and sawe, I have just sent you both emails about it. 

Best wishes,
Emily

#21 seb

seb

New user

• Full FSF Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:50 PM

Hi there, we are interested in being Tapestry pioneers.

We are a pre-school in Heckington, Lincolnshire and have been graded Outstanding on our last 2 Ofsted inspections. We have used tapestry for 2 years.

Kind Regards
Emma

#22 LKeyteach

LKeyteach

Forum Inhabitant!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:43 AM

Hi there we are in Surrey and would happily be a pioneer. I have had the privilege of showing off Tapestry to a few local settings so I know how valuable this could be.
count us in.

#23 mps09

mps09

Yayawho

• Full FSF Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:37 PM

I've already linked up with several local settings :-)

I'd be happy to be a pioneer setting though, and meet all the criteria.

I notice there are a few others in the area - we're also in Oxfordshire.

Thanks

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana

#24 Emily

Emily

Settling in nicely!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:31 PM

Thanks, I have just sent an email to seb, LKeyteach and mps09.  :1b

Best wishes,
Emily

#25 Jan

Jan

New user

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:58 PM

Hi I am supporting a local setting already who are on a trial Tapestry account and would be pleased to be considered as a pioneer setting.

Thank you, Jan

Essex

#26 skippy

skippy

Part of the Furniture

• Full FSF Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:11 PM

Hi

How can we find out if there is a setting close to us we could visit? Thanks

#27 Emily

Emily

Settling in nicely!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:56 AM

Hi Jan, I have just sent you an email regarding becoming a Tapestry Pioneer setting.

Skippy, if you could send in an email with the name of your setting and your address to ofni.sfye@troppus.yrtsepat we can check whether you have a Tapestry Pioneer setting nearby that you could visit. 

Best wishes,
Emily

#28 Cait

Cait

Retired Preschool Manager

• Full FSF Member
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:15 AM

It's a shame I'm not currently in a setting, or I'd love to do this! I do support a current Weaver though with anything she needs. Happy to do this in my area if I'm needed.
  • Steve likes this
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance

#29 Emily

Emily

Settling in nicely!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:21 AM

I've just dropped you an email Cait.  :1b

• Cait likes this

Best wishes,
Emily

#30 thammond

thammond

• Full FSF Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

Hi, we are based in Archway, North London using Tapestry in FS since 2013. I have visited other schools in the borough to support the set up of Tapestry and I am currently using it in Year 1 to facilitate transition. We are also using it with SEN children across the school to show progress.
I would be happy to have visitors or go out to other settings to spread the good word.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users