Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

I don't think you ever get too old for sleepovers.

I was once having a conversation with my class about homes and who lived in our houses and I mentioned that I live on my own. They were stunned. "What! Without your mummy and daddy?!" they said. One little girl who was the youngest of 4 wisely said "Well, when you get bigger maybe you want to have sleepovers and there isn't enough space so you get your own house." Still makes me smile!

• Like 4

I was once having a conversation with my class about homes and who lived in our houses and I mentioned that I live on my own. They were stunned. "What! Without your mummy and daddy?!" they said. One little girl who was the youngest of 4 wisely said "Well, when you get bigger maybe you want to have sleepovers and there isn't enough space so you get your own house." Still makes me smile!

My daughter used to pick me up from work each day (she worked nearby) and everyday with out fail the children used to say to me 'your mum's here to take you home' :1b

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 4

I think he might disagree :lol:

Well Sunny it might be that you need to live close by to town where they all go out for the evening - my 32 year old said could he stayover tonight - doesn't think he'll make it home to his - I did remind him that his lovely first born was already staying over, but that didn't put him off :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

So here's another one then - goodness only knows where this week has gone :blink:

I have a lengthy weekend TDL - not good

I have my sons beautiful chocolate lab staying with me for a week - very good

I have to go to their house to look after cats, chickens and ducks - hmmm not so good

Lunch date with friends tomorrow - very good

Taxi driver for oldest granddaughter's hockey practice on Sunday - no problem

And then before you know it it will be Monday again!

Have a great weekend all - hope that yours is filled with things that you really like to do :1b

• Like 2

Lengthy TDL here too but before that I have friends coming for dinner tonight. Did lots of prep last night (2 kinds of cannelloni and chocolate hazelnut ice cream) and tonight have dashed home to make breadsticks, garlic bread and lots of mozzarella and tomato salad!)

Lengthy TDL here too but before that I have friends coming for dinner tonight. Did lots of prep last night (2 kinds of cannelloni and chocolate hazelnut ice cream) and tonight have dashed home to make breadsticks, garlic bread and lots of mozzarella and tomato salad!)

Oooh sounds absolutely yummy - hope you have a brilliant evening :1b

• Like 1

I have my sons beautiful chocolate lab staying with me for a week - very good

Ohwww.... Ohwww....

I can join in with this one! :1b :1b I am looking after a beautiful black lab this week :1b (she's arriving at 3.am tonight/morning though- so maybe that bit's not so good :lol: :lol: ) Can't wait ::1a

• Like 1

Honestly WHERE has this week gone.....

Offered a girl a job...she's got another!

Husband living in Worcesterchire ...should be home late saturday ...going back sunday!

Just sent daughter number 2 a message saying her room has been burguled (spelling?) .......only for her to say oh yes she needs to tidy up!

Finley a bit OVER active as ive had to work late every evening!

Debating getting a deliveroo as i'm on my own ;) :lol:

Have gin and coke in my hand :huh: :lol: :lol:

• Like 4

3am? :o

We're out for dinner tonight and late in- so I said to drop her off on their way to airport... plus it saves us driving over to collect her from her own house tomorrow morning. To be honest fits in better really :1b

Can't wait for her to arrive.... however the cat doesn't appear to share my excitement - the bed and foods already here so she knows the dogs coming :lol: :lol:

• Like 3

Oooh sounds absolutely yummy - hope you have a brilliant evening :1b

We did - I was crying with laughter! I even have just enough leftovers for tea tonight and no more!

Going to try to muster up the motivation to get dressed and tackle the TDL ...

• Like 2

Excellent young Froglet :1b

Wonder how fms head is this morning :blink:

I have been super busy this morning - sorted out son and daughter-in-laws chocks, quackers and cats (still have 3 chicken, 2 ducks and 3 cats - phew!), I have walked the very beautiful Alfie, my ironing basket is now empty, downstairs vacuumed and dusted, have tackled some of my TDL, time now to start making myself beautiful presentable for my lunch date! :1b

• Like 2

Excellent young Froglet :1b

Wonder how fms head is this morning :blink:

I have been super busy this morning - sorted out son and daughter-in-laws chocks, quackers and cats (still have 3 chicken, 2 ducks and 3 cats - phew!), I have walked the very beautiful Alfie, my ironing basket is now empty, downstairs vacuumed and dusted, have tackled some of my TDL, time now to start making myself beautiful presentable for my lunch date! :1b

Sounds like a lovely start to a Saturday! There's a lovely blue sky here this morning which I can enjoy looking at while I'm working.

Did lots of prep last night (2 kinds of cannelloni and chocolate hazelnut ice cream) and tonight have dashed home to make breadsticks, garlic bread and lots of mozzarella and tomato salad!)

I think I may be a little bit in luff with you....

• Like 1

I think I may be a little bit in luff with you....

Ah, thank you! If FSF people lived physically nearer I would have you all round for dinner all the time. I so love to cook for people and it's such a great chance to cook things that I can't do for just me on my own. Last night's menu only had one thing that I'd ever made before on it. You have to do it with an unthreatening audience though - I know that if my 'experiments' had all gone pear-shaped a takeout would have been fine!

• Like 4

On the off chance that anyone is remotely interested I thought I would rate my lunch outing

Company - Outstanding

G & T - Good

Food - Requires improvement

Three of us made the mistake of ordering the oddly named 'Cod Fish Potato Cake' and salad - well as my dear old mum would have said did they even show that mashed potato to a cod :blink: :lol: :lol:

• Like 3

Goodness what on earth have you been doing with her?

Long walk, and then she likes to 'talk' to you - and if you don't listen she 'taps' you gently with her mahosive front paws! She now wants to wash the cat- cat is not up for it! :lol:

On the subject of food. I have been out twice this week, once to top of range 'chain' and once to a 'dirty food' supreme :lol: - and to be honest I felt the dirty food was much better :wacko: :o I guess it all depends on the chef on the day.

xxx

• Like 2

Never quite sure how the two days of the weekend rush by so quickly.

As for have a good week - I have just downloaded all the Ofsted gumph regarding the Revised, revised, revised EYFS for a little light reading some time this week as we have been given sooooooooo long to wade through it before it comes into being !!!!

Arggggggggggggg :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

That aside I'm sure it will be wonderful - shaving foam rainbows this week :lol:

• Like 1

Shaving foam rainbows - great :1b

No heating first thing - Blaaaah :( :angry:

Not as much rain as forecast - fabulous B)

Finished on time - bonus - can turn up heating at my house and catch up on Taboo :1b

Oh well - that's Monday in the bag - hoping that the rest of the week will be more positives that negatives :1b :1b

Can post with emoticons again - whoo hoo ::1a

• Like 1

Finished on time - bonus - can turn up heating at my house and catch up on Taboo :1b

I love it when all the parents are on time with a quick in/out without loads of questions... especially when it on a day that you've cleared up and tidied by closing time...... and........ as you walk to car you see you are 5mins earlier than normal - somehow it feels like you've gained a couple of hours!!! :1b :1b :1b

• Like 3