Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

• 2 weeks later...

Funnily enough - my thoughts exactly. One of those days when it really feels good to get home and shut the door behind you. It really has been one of those exhausting weeks when you just never actually achieve anything at all!!! Happy weekend everyone x

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good week but not a great day today. Don't know what was wrong or what we were not providing but nothing we did in free play worked. Then ended up racking my brain cells for circle games, dancing games, action games to get us to the end of the morning. Always feel a bit disgruntled at the end of days like this. Then had a awkward supervision meeting. Managed not to hit the glass of Tia Maria until 5pm, which I thought was restrained!! Happy weekend everyone.

• Like 2

We are having the most difficult year since I started as leader 14 years ago! Most of the children are delightful on their own, but when put all together! They are all quite needy, attention span is miniscule, sharing and taking turns is a nightmare. We are well overstaffed but that doesn't seem like enough some days. We all keep saying it'll get better but as someone said, we are half way through the year already.

I'm feeling quite bad now - (don't want to speak to soon).......... but at this very moment we have an absolutely dream bunch!

Some days they can be so engrossed in well throughout self initiated 'whole group' play - we could just sit and observe for the whole session!!! Every so often we just extend or help move forward with an extra resource etc............ that said even the resources are just boxes, tubes, fabric....

They are something like those in the 'the secret life of' programmes. I think they may even possibly be Alien children.

• Like 2

Although, I hope no one was looking through the windows one day last week -

10 children got themselves a chair each and made a line - facing the wall - and all sat there just looking at the wall.

...They were at the cinema. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dread to think what this may have looked like from outside looking in.

• Like 1

Although, I hope no one was looking through the windows one day last week -

10 children got themselves a chair each and made a line - facing the wall - and all sat there just looking at the wall.

...They were at the cinema. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dread to think what this may have looked like from outside looking in.

Ha ha. That would have been the time an important visitor turned up and questioned the behaviour management policy! Mass group time out!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yay! It's Friday again!

Been a pretty good week actually - three 'newbies' have all settled well which is always good news :1b

I don't have too much of a weekend TDL - might even get it finished this evening.......

Middle granddaughter (aged 10) is staying with us overnight tomorrow which is lovely - looking forward to that :1b

Have a lovely weekend all :1b

No grandchildren, nieces, nephews or anyone having a sleepover here this weekend! But I did end the week on a good note - the sun was out and it made such a difference! A tricky situation with a parent got resolved and one of my little ones who struggles with behaviour and usually gets progressively worse as the day and the week go on and he gets tireder responded brilliantly to some of the changes we've made in the classroom and ended the week with the best two days behaviour wise as well as finally having the confidence to do his work independently. I was so proud of him!

This weekend I'm going to try to stick to a new plan to stay focused on work jobs and get them all done by lunch time today, cleaning, food shopping and library this afternoon, maybe IKEA this evening and then tomorrow hopefully lots of crafting and making things including some spring door wreaths and decorations. Have a good one everyone!

• Like 3

I really do wish you smug grandparents would stop with the 'I having sleepovers'! You are making us 'un-grandparents' very jealous :angry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I keep dropping hints about my needs- but they are going unheard... :o :huh: :lol: :lol:

I can thoroughly recommend grandchildren - hopefully those hints are getting through ::1a

• Like 1

Must admit the 5 am starts of a very boisterous 5 year grandson might make you think twice!! Feel free to borrow him!!! But we wouldn't have him any other way x

Oh sounds like fun to me - I have just one grandson amongst my little lot - he is just a bit too old for sleepovers now ::1a

• Like 1