Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

:lol: Where on earth did the week go? :blink:

Honestly no need ever to worry about Monday mornings as it's Friday afternoon before you know it!

How is everyone getting on with their 'newbies' - ours fairly smooth - just one little 'whirling dervish' ::1a

Happy weekend all :1b

• Like 4

Well Sunnyday as you say Fridays come round quite quickly at the moment, ours are doing well, I think, couple from last year's cohort are sort of struggling to find their feet and understanding that they aren't the little ones any longer, but don't think that will last too long. One of the boys I think really misses the older ones, and we have a larger amount of girls this year so he is missing the boyishness of the setting, but we are trying really hard to engage him.

• Like 2

Only two newbies for us this term

**!!@"$ Have nearly 30 newbies....now added languages 12 and 13 today!! at least two children who I suspect have autistic spectrum difficulties one member of staff down so am using my 1;13 ratio for flexibility ....on top of that have added after school care so now working a extra 12 hours per week...PHEW TGIF!

• Like 2

We have 4 girls and 12 boys this time round. The 4 new 2year olds boy starters doing quite well just a few blips around sharing and sitting for snack, so back to basics. Just in stress mode/limbo land as we wait for that call from O. Are 30 months is up in March but as our Early Years officer says, it could be anytime from now till then. :( :wacko:

I am so glad it's Friday! Just worn out - am feeling a bit wheezy and tight chested and the TDL for this weekend is huge!! I fell asleep on the living room floor at 8pm last night and earlier tonight I fell asleep in the bath! Other than that all is going well with my class so far.

Am also waiting for news of my brother's first baby - due last Tuesday!

Really good start to the term for us. All old returning children have come back really happy and our new ones are FAB. Our new little girl who has Downs has settled really well and progress can be seen already which is rewarding. I too cannot believe how the weeks are flying it will be that C******** time before we know it!

• Like 1

**!!@"$ Have nearly 30 newbies....now added languages 12 and 13 today!! at least two children who I suspect have autistic spectrum difficulties one member of staff down so am using my 1;13 ratio for flexibility ....on top of that have added after school care so now working a extra 12 hours per week...PHEW TGIF!

I have said it before, but I will say it again - I am in complete awe of what you do and what you have to contend with - all of mine have English as their first language (one does have French parents though!), I currently have zero children with any suspected SEN - this could change there are plenty of 'newbies' still to come.......

• Like 2

I am so glad it's Friday! Just worn out - am feeling a bit wheezy and tight chested and the TDL for this weekend is huge!! I fell asleep on the living room floor at 8pm last night and earlier tonight I fell asleep in the bath! Other than that all is going well with my class so far.

Am also waiting for news of my brother's first baby - due last Tuesday!

Is the baby here yet?

Hope you are feeling better now :1b

We have 4 girls and 12 boys this time round. The 4 new 2year olds boy starters doing quite well just a few blips around sharing and sitting for snack, so back to basics. Just in stress mode/limbo land as we wait for that call from O. Are 30 months is up in March but as our Early Years officer says, it could be anytime from now till then. :( :wacko:

Oh good luck for the 'Big O'! :1b

• Like 1

I have said it before, but I will say it again - I am in complete awe of what you do and what you have to contend with - all of mine have English as their first language (one does have French parents though!), I currently have zero children with any suspected SEN - this could change there are plenty of 'newbies' still to come.......

funny what becomes normal !! only 2 more new ones to get in (until January!) all my PM ones in. And a new chap to start after school tomorrow ...I haven't a clue what he looks like so that could be interesting :unsure: :wacko: :blink: :ph34r: fortunately everyone knows us ...so that's ok.

Just got to do some more roll outs for tapestry and then i'll collapse :lol:

• Like 1

Is the baby here yet?

Hope you are feeling better now :1b

No baby news yet! My sister-in-law sent a photo of herself on Saturday at 40 weeks + 4 days! I've decided I'm not speaking to her again - she looks better being hugely pregnant than I ever do! ;)

I am finally feeling better now thanks - pretty ropey all day yesterday and today, now just tired with 1 hour to catch up with everything before I intend to switch the laptop off. Better stop haunting FSF...

• Like 1

So it's Friday again - whoosh - another week has gone :o

We have had a really good week - I am however, pretty 'cream crackered'!

Have finished all that I am going to do pre-school wise now, looking forward to a lunch date with three of my dearest friend tomorrow, not sure what Sunday will bring but definitely some family time :1b

Have a lovely weekend all :1b

• Like 1