Join Us
What's New
Articles
Resources
About Us
Tapestry
Piccolo_123

Add next steps to observations

We would like to add next step(s) to each observation. How do we do this in Tapestry? At the moment we can only print next steps separately after we have clicked on the 'next steps' on each child's profile. There seems to be no facility for adding the next step to each printed observation.

At the moment you would need to write the next step at the end of the observation. We are discussing options concerning next steps and I will make a note of your comments.

We write next steps under each observation but I agree, it would be great to be able to just click and select :)

That being said, the next statement in the development matters is not necessarily the next step for the child so we frequently use our own wording anyway.

Yes- we do need to avoid that ticklist approach where you just go for the next statement in the age-band. We should be a bit more creative about next steps! We're working on it here at Tapestry HQ. All suggestions welcome and considered ::1a

Has this been worked on at all? I went to a course today about Tapestry and there were lots of teachers saying they would like the next steps on the observation page too.

Can I ask where your course was and who led it?

It's very much on our 'to do' list but we're still considering the best way of doing it!